Defeating A Fox, But With A Cost

My head burns as I wait for the fox. This was very dangerous, but we had to do this.
My mother and father waited in the bushes. They had agreed for me to be the bait, as long as they could lure the fox away. They would then bring it over to Acorn and Shadow where they will make sure the fox steps in a human 'fox trap' that we found.
I stood there hearing nothing but silence for a long time, until I caught a scent.
The fox.
I strained myself from the urge to run away, and was able to stay put.
The fox leaped at me with its vicious claws. I dodged and inch away before breaking into a run.
I whip my head around and I spotted Snow who scratched the fox's mussel before running away to lure it out. Shadow was right by her side.

I padded behind, not too close, and watched them go closer and closer to where Acorn and Shadow are.
Soon, the orange and black cat sprang on top of the fox. They clawed it with all their might and tried to pull the fox next to the fox trap. Just then, I witnessed something horrible.

The fox shook Acorn off furiously and she fell into the fox trap. The two 'blades' they call it flew together and crashed her sides. Shadow looked at her with horror.
He growled and bared his teeth with anger and attacked the fox with all his strength. He dug his claws into the fox's leg before sliding over and digging his teeth into the neck.
The fox went limp and Shadow panted with exhaustion. He stared down at Acorn's body in grief.

"I'm sorry you lost her..." My father began to say, "I don't know what it's like to permanently lose a mate, but it must be hard."

"What?!" Shadow glared at him, "You thought she was my MATE?!"

He closed his eyes before speaking in a calmer tone.

"She was my sister."

Yep, I know what you're thinking.

"The author has left us on ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER!"

Well...I have...a uhhhh...GOOD reason! Hehe.....you see.....I'm a cliffhanger addict and...I NEED to end chapters on a cliffhanger XD

It's a bad habit of mine. Plz don't be angry like LAST TIME
😓😬😐