A Different Cat

I kept walking on the side of the large machines, and tried my best to avoid all the humans walking close to me.
No matter which direction I went in, I didn't recognize anything!

I meowed desperately.

Was there hope left, anymore?

As I kept walking at a normal pace, my mind was interrupted by a loud, shaking bush.

"Huh?"

I watched a tiny bunny hop out, then, a much bigger one.

"Sunny! Get back in here!" The big rabbit shouted and scooped up the little one.

I gazed at them with curiosity; I have never seen rabbits before.

"P-please spare us," the big bunny begged.

As she pleaded, another small rabbit poked it's head out.

"Spare...you?"

"Yes. Harsh times are near and my family and I must find shelter. So please, let me and my children go. Don't eat us, but do a few poor rabbits a favor and use your kind heart to save a few lives."

"Eat you? Why would I eat you?"

The rabbit tilted it's head and looked at me as if I had grown two tails.

"Most cats who live on these streets will devour tiny scrapings like us with no hesitation. I've already lost three of my precious babies."

I bowed my head respectively and asked, "What's your name, bunny?"

"I'm Ginger," she introduced, "and my two children here are Sunny and Oak."

"Alright rabbits, I'll let you go. It wasn't like I was going to eat you anyway, though."

"Oh thank you!" She bowed her head back at me, "is there any way we can repay you?"

I thought for a moment, "Do you know the way to a house that was recently burned?"

She nodded, "I do actually, you go down there," she pointed with her paw, "and take a left at the forth turn. Not too far from here, actually."

I flared with happiness, "Thank you, kind creatures!" And I pelted off using the directions the bunny gave me.

I was finally going to be home!

It wasn't long before I saw a black house across the machine-way.
Most of it was in ashes.

I glared at it and noticed that no humans were there, or machines that were stopped there.

"What? Why is-"

I shrieked as I was covered by a large net that came out of nowhere.
Hissing, I struggled to break free from the tough material.

A few seconds later, I was dumped into the back of a new type of machine. The human, who captured me, closed the cell-like door, trapping me in this prison.

I furiously scratched at the bars, but it did no use.

"Doing that won't get you anywhere."

I heard a voice behind me.

"Who are-...who are you?"

"I'm Smokey," the voice croaked, "and let me do the escaping."

It walked over to the cell bars. As the sunlight flashed on it's fur, I noticed it was a tom with green eyes and black and grey fur.

He unsheathed his claws and wrestled with the lock.
It was hard for me to see exactly what he was doing, but the door opened.

"Come, quickly."

I obeyed as he lead us far away from the machine. We soon veered into a bunch of trees before sitting down.

"Now," Smokey spoke, "what's your name, young one?"

"Oh, I'm Willy."

"Willy?" He tilted his ears and narrowed his eyes.

"Is something wrong?"

"No," he flattened his ears, "I guess I have just heard of that name before....."