In The Past

I shook my head in disbelief.

That's impossible!

I slowly backed away from Smokey before breaking into a run.

"Willy, wait! Let me explain!"

I didn't listen, though. I was too focused on getting away from the wails of his shouts. My heart pounded rapidly as I sprinted to an unknown location.
Soon, I stopped and panted next to a bush close to a human house; My paws ached from running.

He can't be my father! It's...not...possible...

"Years ago..."

I wiped my head to see Smokey sit on the white fence next to the bush.

"I was given to your mother's humans. They found me where I was raised along with many other kittens who were like me. I believe the humans call it an 'adoption center.' When I was brought to that house, I became good friends with Snow."

Smokey sighed with happiness,

"As we grew older, we became closer and closer. We'd have great adventures and do whatever we wished every single day. We easily fell in love with each other. Years later, your mother was pregnant and I couldn't wait to be a father! I couldn't wait to have my own children to raise."

"Why did you leave?" I questioned.

"I had an idea your mother was not fond of...it started one day when I thought long and hard about what my new responsibilities would be as a father. I wanted only the best for my kits."

He glanced around him and spoke again,
"I wanted to raise them in a better environment. A certain place where they would be far from those filthy humans."

He lowered his ears.

"I told Snow about my plan to take all of us and travel to a forest I've heard about from Brownie, the dog next door. Our conversation quickly turned into an argument. She said it was foolish of me to listen to a dog, but I said it was smart to take the kits away!"

"Why did you want to take them- I mean...me away from the humans?!"

Smokey's fur began to rise.

"I've always had a bad feeling when I was around those skin walkers...and boy, was I right to doubt them. When the kits were born, our happiness faded. There was three of them. Madeline, Lucy, and.....you Willy."

I gasped, "Are you telling me I had...siblings?!"

He nodded and continued,

"But the humans took them away...only leaving you. Your mother and I were heartbroken."

Smokey leaped off the fence and onto the bush I sat on. His pelt slowly stopped rising.

"I did something that day that I will never forget."

His meows were filled with grief and sorrow.

"I complained to Snow. I snarled at her and shouted saying how I was right to take them away. She started to yell back at me and demanded for me to leave."

*-This is a flashback-*

"I told you, Snow! Our kits have no safety here!"

"How was I supposed to know they would do something like that?!" Snow hissed.

"It doesn't matter, they're GONE now and it's because you couldn't listen to me!"

"Raising our kits in a forest sounded like a fur-ball idea at the time, ok? Surely you can't blame this all on me!"

"It's not too late, Snow! We can still escape and go before the humans take Willy!"

"No! They won't take Willy. If they did, he would've been sent with the other two. If you wish so dearly to live at your fantasy forest, then go ahead! You aren't a part of this family anymore..."

*-Flashback Ends-*

"Smokey...did you ever find the forest?" I asked with curiosity.

Smokey grinned and replied,

"That's a story for another time. Now come on, let's go find your mother."