The Shocking Truth

Smokey walked in and noticed me staring at a paper.

"Willy?"

"Smokey...is this you?!"

He peered over at the sign but didn't respond.

"It's you, isn't it! Smokey, what's going on? What aren't you telling me?!" I wailed.

"Willy, calm down please. It's nothing importa-"

"Stop using that as an excuse! I want answers!"

He hissed at me, "What is there to know?"

"Why is there a picture of you on a paper that was similar to mine?"

Smokey growled, then he sighed.

"It's something humans do when their pets go missing. They hang up pictures and describe information such as 'This is where we saw them last' and 'Most likely to be near this place' and 'The reward for whoever finds them is...'"

"So...why is this one about...you?" I questioned.

"I...I ran away from my humans."

"What?!"

"I decided that...being a pet to humans wasn't my thing. It felt weird not being connected to nature as much as all cats SHOULD be."

He gulped, "It was hard leaving my family behind. I had a son, and I wished dearly to take him with me. Sadly, I just couldn't. He was much too little at the time."

"Don't you ever miss them?"

"I do," he hung his head.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" I meowed changing the subject.

"Because...I was afraid that...if you knew that your humans were looking for you...you'd might try to find your mother again."

"Is that a BAD thing?!"

"In some ways..."

I flinched in shock and disbelief.

"Why would you think that?!"

He sighed and stared at the ground. I could tell that there was much more.

"Ok...let me start over..."

He took a deep breath and began,

"I noticed your house caught on fire as I strolled on the sidewalk in the morning. I stared as the firemen rushed into your home. I saw them carry out a white cat, and you."

He took another deep breath,

"I saw your mother get into the ambulance and I saw you chase after it. I knew you'd never catch up to that car. So...I followed you."

My jaw was hanging out and Smokey kept talking.

"When you spoke to the bunny and were given directions to the house, I quickly ran to get there before you. I noticed the cat-capturer was there and I knew you would get caught too...so I got myself captured first."

"Y-you still haven't explained why I can't save my mom!"

He sighed heavily, again.

"I noticed her injuries...the humans at the hospital might not be able to make her better...so I didn't want to encourage you to go after Snow for nothing."

I jumped, "How do you know my mother's name?!?!?!"

Smokey had slowly lifted his head up. His gaze was filled with sorrow and longing.

"Willy.....you are my son."

*nervously laughs* h-how'd you like the s-short chapter? Hehe...

I REALLY DID WANT IT TO BE LONGER BUT...I WANTED TO LEAVE YOU ON A CLIFF HANGER!

*runs into the corner and hides*
FORGIVE MEHHHHH