#1 - How It All Began

Loneliness.

The one and only thing Zandar can ever felt in his life.

No, it's not like he's an abandoned child or anything. It's just that he feels lonely.

He has friends. Lots of them, actually. And he actually has great and nice parents. He is the only child in the family, though.

But still,

loneliness is the one thing he can ever felt of,

Until he met Nica.

• • • • • • • • • •

"Nica!"

A masculine, old man-like voice called from afar.

A short haired girl with brown eyes, which was Nica, turned around to face the owner of the voice.

"Oh, it's you, Zandar," Nica called back casually, giving Zandar a quick wave. Zandar was running slowly towards Nica, his backpack bouncing up and down behind his back. "What's up?"

"Let me walk you to the Front," Zandar said when he finally caught up with Nica.

The Front was a name for a place right in front of the elementary school building, near the parking lot and the school gate. Here at Regina Pacis, all the school buildings from kindergarten to high school are all located at the same area. The elementary school building was the first at the front area, followed by kindergarten, high school, and junior high as the last.

"Why are you alone? Where's Anca and Rere?"

"Umm, well they said they have something to do so they can't walk to the front together today," Nica answered, after tapping her chin as if trying to remember something.

"Well, good timing, then. It's just the two of us now..." Zandar said without thinking, and it immediately hit him when he saw Nica's red face and gave him a suspicious look.

"Are you going to do something to me Zandar?"

"N-Nooo not like that! I mean, I enjoyed being with you.. Eh, umm I mean, as a friend of course, you're a really good friend and I like it when I talk to you I feel happy and.. Oh God I'm blabbering like an idiot aren't I?" Zandar covered his blushing face.

Nica smiled and giggled softly. She actually like it when Zandar blushed. Anca once told her that boys who blushed are the best. And for Nica, he looks... Cute.

"Your face is as red as a tomato," Nica couldn't help teasing him.

"S-shut up! It's just the heat, it makes my face red," Zandar once again covered his face with both hands.

Nica's soft giggle turned into laughs. She laughed, her face turned into a wide smile.

Zandar slowed down his pace, staring at Nica, a bit of a smile seen on his face. Nica's laugh was like an angel's voice. She has the prettiest smile. When she laughed, her face light up, making her looked even more beautiful than usual.

Being with Nica has always been one of the best things in Zandar's life since he met her back in 7th grade. Her presence washed all the loneliness in him. Being with her makes him feel safe.

There's still one thing that Zandar has always wanted to say. One thing, three words that he had always wanted to tell Nica since day 1. One thing that described his feelings to her. One thing that could change the relationship between them forever.

He had waited for a year to prepare himself to say it. And now...

He's ready.

"Hey, Nica?"

"I hate you."

Nah jk of course he didn't say that.

( << rewind )

There's still one thing that Zandar has always wanted to say. One thing, three words that he had always wanted to tell Nica since day 1. One thing that described his feelings to her. One thing that could change the relationship between them forever.

He had waited for a year to prepare himself to say it. And now...

He's ready.

"Hey, Nica?"

"I like you."

———————————————————
Hi guys! Catdusa here ~
Sorry for the short chapter, and sorry for ruining a moment there but I have no regrets :v XD
But thank you so much for reading! 😄
This is a fan fiction of Nica x Zandar from My First Warm Love by NaiKuuhaku , and this is my first fanfic heheheh.. Don't forget to check the original story as well! (MFWL - Naikuuhaku)
I'd also like to dedicate this story (the whole story, not just this chapter) to FScarlet_
Happy reading all ~~