Chapter 40

Nisha POV:

"Mmm....shoo" I swatted the hand which nudged me.But it nudged me again.

"Shut up and leave me alone" I whined again and kicked my legs, then I felt a sharp pain in my ankle. I got up and rested my back on the headboard.

"Come on Nish, the guys are here. Let's get you some dinner and you can go to bed promise" Seb came near me and stroked my hair.

"I don't feel sleepy anymore, just let me get down" I placed my leg down but I wasn't able to walk steadily.The pain was killing me.I flopped back on the bed again asking him to bring my dinner upstairs.

"Mia is asking for you from the minute she came here,I'll carry you down" he lifted me like he did earlier.

"This is going to be really embarrassing duh! With the guys and how will Mia reacts when she looks at us like this?"

"We're her parents idiot! She sees this all the time with Meera and her husband. Don't be a Stiff!"

"Fine carry me down peasant" he started heading towards the stairs and I heard wolf whistles.I'm done!Officially screwed for the nth time,again!

"Ow....wow....what do we have here??" Meera cooed as she set down the plates on the table wiping her hands with the table cloth. "Told you" I poked his chest hard and he laughed.

"Leave her alone. She fell down" Seb gave Meera a death glare

"Oh what happened?" Meera gave me a big annoying smirk and called the others for dinner .Mia came running to us and jumped on me.

"Slow down princess, your mum is not well" Seb caught her from me and kissed her cheek.

"Mummy ill?"  she asked crouching next to me.

"Yea baby , I'm not well .But if you be a darling and finish your dinner I can read your bed time story " I kissed her and she erupted into giggles .Harry looked at me and gave me a big grin.

"So I see a white flag hanging around somewhere in here " Meera started the conversation while she served the rice and the chicken.

"Yea and I smell romance" Harry piped in.

"Romance? Romance who?"Seb asked as he held my fingers beneath the table so that no one could see.I blushed a deep red but continued to poke the chicken with my spoon.

"Now the poor chicken has become the most interesting  thing to you , isn't it Nish ?"Veer wiped Adhi's mouth and fed him another bite. Mia was sitting on Kimi's lap and they were playing rock paper and scissors.

"Can we talk about this when the kids are asleep?''I looked at the kids who were already starting to doze off.

"Sure sure But we are having a talk and you cant escape from it , understood?" Meera asked and I nodded. When we finished our dinner both the kids were fast asleep on the couch and Seb carried the kids up.I used the table and walls as support and somehow positioned myself on the couch.

"So, the kids are asleep now" Harry dragged and Meera came back carrying a bowl filled with mangoes.

"What do you want to know?" I huffed and laid down on the couch one leg swaying down.

"Everything , even the spicy details because we all are adults" Kimi  sat between Meera and Harry on the floor.

''Guys you left me" Seb ran down the stairs and jumped on Kimi's  lap . Kimi pushed him down and I laughed at him.

"Yea the loverboy has arrived, let out the details" Harry took a bite and passed down the bowl to me.It felt like teenagers gossiping about the cheerleader.

''Well,I cant hold a grudge for a long time.So we decided to be adults and get our heads straight"I spoke out playing with the couch pillow

"Oh that's all?Ok then lets watch a movie" Veer went to the CD stack and held out all the marvel movies.

"Is that Captain America?" Harry shouted and I felt something fishy was going on when Harry looked at me with an evil grin.

"Oh yea I love it don't you?"Kimi looked at Meera.

"But Thor is the best" When Meera finished this sentence Seb looked at me with wide eyes.What the actual hell is going on here?

"Guys, what are you doing?" I looked at Harry and glared. He raised up his hands in defence. But Meera continued

"Don't hit me with cold water guys! " she shrieked and I actually wanted to hit her with a rock. They actually saw what we were doing?

"Enough of this Meera,you were eavesdropping us?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"Yea, we were back when you guys were talking about pizza ,but we did not want to disturb you .So I decided it is the best to eavesdrop a romantic confession. It was cute" she winked at me and I threw the couch pillow at her.

"But next time you better close the windows,this loon actually decided to break in when you fell down" Veer pointed at Meera and she hit him.

"Hey, I was scared okay?" He hugged her whispering something into her ear and she blushed.

"Eww, I don't want to see all this nasty stuff now. Go keep your baby making process in your own room"Harry closed his eyes and screeched.

"So you're not actually Nisha's boyfriend?'' Seb asked him and he shook his head fast.

"NO! They threatened to chloroform me if I did not act as her boyfriend. They are evil women ,I tell you" Seb looked at me astonished and I suppressed a laugh.

"So you're actually together now?"Harry asked.

I looked at Seb and did not know what to reply for that.We did not put a label to our relationship and we wanted to take it slow.I don't want to tell something to Harry and make Seb regret about it.I don't want to scare him.

''Hmm yes I think" Seb spoke out loud.We are actually starting everything over from first.

"That means date night , romantic outings etc etc etc?"Meera raised an eyebrow.

"Sort of" He gave me a sincere smile and the others cooed.

"Only one question, last one please" Harry placed the bowl on the sink and I nodded.

"How did you do this do easily?"

"Because sometimes, Harry, we realize that there are things more important in life then a grudge. Sometimes we figure that it'd be better to just accept things as they are and go with it than to go back to the pain of the past situation. Sometimes we realize that it's easier to forgive and forget because some relationships are just too cherished to let go."I finished my sentence and looked at Harry who was scratching his head.

"How can you talk like this?"

"I'm an author remember?" I told him and he made a funny face at me.

''So everyone can go to bed now.We  are leaving tomorrow''I sat down properly and caught the couch getting up slowly.

"But I don't want to leave" Kimi whined and Meera hit his head.

"Wake up early guys, especially to  you love birds"Meera pointed at us and I snickered.After five minutes everyone went to their room and it was just me and Seb sitting down next to each other.He stood up and I made grabby hands at him.

''Lets take you upstairs huh?" he lifted me and carried me to our room.He tucked me near Mia and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Good night Nisha , I promise I'll make you smile always''I gave him a giddy smile and he switched off the light.I felt the bed dip indicating that he lied down on the other side.

This maybe the start of something beautiful,again....

................................................................

I suck at romance don't I?