Chapter 36

Seb POV:

"It all started when she came home." Meera sighed and continued "She was a wreck, no one expected her when she showed up at 3 am in the morning. We were confused and asked her why she came back without completing her semester, she pushed us and locked herself in the room.She did not even bring any of her luggage's, that's when I thought something happened between you people because she always used to talk about you. I went to her room to check up on her but she yelled at me to go away. We thought to give her some time but she didn't come down for lunch or dinner. I looked at her phone to find your number but she was clever enough to throw her sim. We decided to break the door and when we did she was sitting on get bathroom floor breaking a blade.My dad was shocked to see her in this position because Nisha was like another daughter to her .They were so close that me and my father never had that bond. So he told me to remove all the sharp objects from her room and by the time we finished cleaning her she was fast asleep. My dad wanted me to stay with her but she never replied to anything I asked. She never ate for the next two days and when we forced her she would shout at us and throw things all over the room.

The third day when I returned back from school ,I found her crying on her bed clutching her sheets. That's when she broke. She told me whatever happened that night, she did not blame you but blamed it on herself. She thought that she ruined your career and it would be an extra burden for you ever though you love kids. She was scared, she didn't want to get pregnant at such a young age. She always wanted to fulfill her father's dreams but at that time she thought that she was a disgrace to her family. Three weeks after that we found out she was pregnant with Mia and her morning sickness completely destroyed her. She was homeschooled and everyday I would find her crying for you. The doctor told that she was too weak to carry the baby and put down abortion as an option but she never considered it. She told that it was her blood and she is not a devil to kill her own child.

Days passed by and she got more and more weak. Everything she did was only for Mia, she ate only for the baby in her stomach and not for herself. We tried to distract her by taking her to her favorite places but none of them worked. She finished high school when she was six months along. At one point of time she was so depressed that we took her to the therapist and she started to take antidepressants.

When she was three weeks away from her delivery date she got into labor. It was a tough time for all of us, the doctor told us that  we could save only the baby or the mother because she was too weak and did not take enough of the prescribed medicines. But she was brave, she knew what the doctor told and promised us that she will fight through this. She went through this pain for seven hours and then Mia was born. She didn't allow any of us into the operation theater and she told that"The child is mine and my boyfriend's. I don't want any of you to come in inside other than him, but knowing he is not there I will do it myself "These were her exact words Seb and she wanted to name her Mia because it was your favorite name.

After Mia was born through many complications Nisha decided that she wanted to live for Mia.She tool the utmost care of her at the same time took her courses online.Nisha stepped into business line when Mia was just one and a half year old baby. She juggled everything at her own, she did not even want a babysitter for Mia. She became a workaholic and pursued what she dreamt of. According to me, she is the best mother I've ever known. She sacrificed herself for Mia and she always wanted the best for her. She was scared that her child would not get her father's love like she did.When she started chatting with this Kimi guy which was you, I saw her smile after a long time,it was genuine not forced or fake.

Please don't blame her if you wanted to, she had gone through a lot and you blaming her for hiding Mia would just hurt her more. I saw you guys getting along well now, just don't break her heart. That's all I wanted to tell you"

I was awestruck, such a painful story behind all this and yet she had managed to put a smile on her face and asked me to take her back? I'm such an idiot.

"In really sorry Meera,I did not know so many things happened.I feel so bad I rejected her the whole time.I ....I don't know what to tell except that I'm a horrible person" I placed my fingers on my nose and pressed them hard.

"That's why I'm here, I wanted to make sure that she is happy stylist from now. You know what she wanted to do?She wanted to send Mia with you so you could be happy. That's when I decided I should talk to you." She gave me a warm smile.

"So shall we move?" I asked her as I took my jacket from the chair and went out to see the guys playing in the sand while Nisha was sitting alone looking at the waves.This was when I realized that the girl I loved five years ago is the same girl sitting down there and watching as the waves arise.I went towards her and Meera gave me a thumbs up.

"Can I sit here?" I asked and she nodded.Her wavy hair flew in the breeze and I tucked it behind her ear.She looked at me without any expression.

"I'm sorry,you were right" I told her.

"What?" She gave me a questioning look.

"People don't change,you did not change.I'm really sorry I mistreated you all the way.I shouldn't have done that, I'm such a horrible person and I really don't know how to apologize to you,I-"

"Did Meera tell you all my sad stories huh?" She asked .

"Yea" I put my head down not able to face her.

"Don't.Please don't feel sorry for me,already many people did that"

"I did not feel sorry for you,I'm trying to apologize for treating you so badly"  I took her hand in mine locking our fingers, she did not flinch but she laid her head on my shoulder.

"I just can't take you back like that can I?I don't even know why I'm leaning on you but I felt like it.I just don't want to talk about all this,can we just stay like this now?Please?"she pleaded.

This is definitely the girl I fell in love with,I was such an idiot who cared for myself and I did not even hear her once, but here she is laying on my shoulder wanting to forget everything.I'm such a douchebag.