#2

Layne:

2nd of September

I checked my schedule, wandering aimlessly as students scurried to and fro before the bell went. I snagged a passing blonde by the elbow.

She looked around, heavily mascaraed eyelashes batting slowly, then smiled devilishly. I shuddered uneasily, I was asking for directions not sex.

"Can you tell me where B4 is?" I tried to keep a monotone so she'd lose interest.

She acted surprised, "Well, I was heading there now if you'd like to come with?" She jabbed a thumb over her shoulder.

I sighed, nodding. If this girl thought she was gonna get something out of me because she didn't run away when I asked her a question, she was barking up the entirely wrong tree. Her fat lips and big boobs did nothing for me.

She took me by the elbow and practically dragged me in her vice grip up a set of stairs and around a corner. There were less people milling about but I still felt out of place. Every possible aspect of this place was unfamiliar.

"This is B4," she said, not letting go of my arm even when I tugged on it. I didn't say anything. I was determined to ignore her, even if she hung off of me for weeks.
"What's your name?" She asked sweetly, batting her eyes.

I looked away, trying hard to unclench my teeth.

"Aww, a little shy, are we," she moved my face back into her line of sight.

I slapped her hand away, "I'm not shy!"

"Of course you're not," she winked.

I growled, yanking my arm away from her. She looked hurt, but I didn't care. The bell rang sharply, jarring my ears. The door opened and I tried to linger behind so that she'd go ahead and find a seat that would end up being across the room from me.
But when I lingered, so did she.

"Come on, we have to get good seats. Or we'll be stuck next to losers for the rest of the year!" She tugged on my arm urgently. Students had piled in around us, so I figured it was safe that most seats would be taken.
I was right. All but two seats up the front, and the whole back row had been taken.
She dragged me toward the front with her claws. I dived into one of the back row seats, hoping she'd leave me and go sit amongst the other bimbos.

"Come up the front, I've got friends up there!" She waved her hands.

I said nothing and placed my chin in my hands. I was being a bitch, I know. But I was getting Brittany-like vibes running off of this girl, and I was going to try by damnedest to get out of any situation with her.

She sighed exasperatedly, "Fine, I'll sit next to you."

I closed my eyes. This was going to be a shitty day.

The teacher called the roll up front. The clingy girl beside me was named Courtney.

"Layne?" The teacher called.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"Oh, that's such a cute name!" Courtney blabbed.

I glared at her. Why wasn't she getting the message?

She pouted, eyes turning sad on the surface, but remaining the same on the inside. "Don't you like me, babe?"

I didn't say anything.

All of the concern and sadness melted off of her face, "Are you gay?" She batted her eyelashes innocently, "Because I have people who can fix that."