We stared at each other for a brief moment, while I pictured how the two laughed together earlier by the chocolate fountain.

The male struck a smirk before letting go of me and throwing his hands in the air defensively. "Okay, just don't tell the guards milady. And this is our time up because I'm pretty sure your prince wants to dance with you know." He gestured to the side.

Raising an eyebrow, I deadpan at him. "It was nice meeting you Mr Stranger. I hope you will stop sneezing and wiping your germs on other people. You can have my Black Raspberry hand sanitizer." I offered, handing him a bottle of hand sanitizer from my bag that I abandoned earlier.

He struck a forged hurt expression and clutched onto his chest exaggeratedly. "Please, I beg for mercy." He pleaded, his tone joking.

I rolled my eyes as he left with a small wave, probably to find Seokmin.

Huffing a sigh, I readjusted my mask and was about to set off of the dancing stage before a hand caught my wrist. He twirled me around and smiled at me. "May I have the next dance with you beautiful?"

My eyes widened a fraction, unconsciously my head nodded without any words escaping my lips. He grinned and held my hand before we swayed to the beat of the music. It was much different from the dance before – that was a little less serious – instead this dance was slow and full of familiarity.

He noticed I was wearing the necklace when his eyes trailed down my neck.

"You're wearing the necklace." He pointed out. Stiffly nodding, I looked up at him.

His eyes focused on mine as he leaned in closer to my ear. "It's no use hiding the fact that you know Minji. I love you, so be happy for me, alright?"

The tapping of my heart heightened, "Jun you're one of the best things that has ever come into my life. Thank you for everything – every song you sang for me, every time you made me smile, every laugh you created, every word that made my day, every time you're been there for me." I smiled at him sadly as I moved my arms up to hug him.

If it wasn't obvious enough, people around us pointed to our figures that embraced each other. His fangirls were raising eyebrows at me but still kept their distance.

Deciding it was best to ignore it, I just burned the memory slowly into my head.

"I love you Jun," I paused as he hugged me back, tightly. He clutched onto me and bent down to bury his head on my shoulder so that I couldn't see his expression. "It's not the same love that you want but I do love you Jun." I muttered as I stroked his back slowly.

We stayed like that for a few moments before he let me go. The same smile he greeted me every day was plastered across his face, almost proudly.

He rubbed his neck, "I guess the second guy really never gets the girl." He muttered to no one in particular, but I figured he didn't mean for me to hear it, noticing how low and quiet his voice was in comparison to the music.

The single line sent a stroke of guilt through my body.

Smoothing out the wrinkles in his jacket, Jun's finger brushed my hair and tucked it behind my ear. "He's at the balcony waiting for you."

He spun me around and pushed me to the direction of the balcony, making sure he didn't push me so quickly that tripped. When we were just a few metres away from the door to the balcony, he gave me one last assuring squeeze on my shoulder.

I looked over my shoulder to catch a glimpse of his solemn expression. He inhaled sharply and let go of my shoulders.

"No matter the outcome, I'll be by your side and I know Suga hyung will too."

His words made me laugh a little. Exactly the same as Suga's words, before I left. The two were similar in a way, despite their polar personalities, always loyal.

I found myself standing alone, my hand placed on top of the gold metallic door handle. The situation was making me sweat, the answer my nearly ten year unrequited love. I knew I was ready, I at least deserved to know what he thought about me.

Flashes of memories passed my mind.

Every time he made me cry, every time he broke my heart a little more, every time he chose Yeri over me, every time he made my heart feel so heavy.

My eyes closed and I could still hear the loud music that echoed throughout the venue.

It was no longer soft music but loud, modern pop music. I hoped Jun wasn't off being upset because of my answer to his confession. I turned him down despite my gratitude to his support towards my every decision.

But there were times where everything was good between us, where no one was upset with one another.

The times we laughed, the times he made my heart flutter, the times he made me so flustered, the times he acted so goofy, the times he made protected me, the times he made me feel nothing except true happiness.

Without these thoughts, I miraculously gained enough courage to pull down the door handle and step onto the balcony. There perched over the railway was Jungkook. He was dressed in a suit, his black tie hanging loosely from his collar. His jacket was stripped him and his mask was also stripped off. The soft locks that belonged to him was styled neatly.

He flinched back as the door creaked open. Slowly turning around, he bore a gaze into my figure. I smiled nervously at him and hoped he liked how the dress he chose looked.

Jungkook didn't say a word and stepped in front of me. His expression far too serious.

Before I could ask him anything, his words stabbed through my heart. I could hear the echoing of every hurtful thing I have been told, ring through my ear.

The moments leading up to this one all clicked like a perfect puzzle. Unfortunately, I was too slow to put the puzzle back together and the pieces were instead crammed together to fit in a messy image.

It was so painful, it was ripping through my body and hadn't even spared me a hesitation of mercy. The stabbing feeling was just unmerciful and just recklessly dug into any place that it found fit. Time was so agonisingly slow, it was the longest three seconds in my entire life.

"Yeri's pregnant."