Chapter 16

Her face was completely shattered, the once beautiful face I was use to seeing, was now unrecognisable. It showcased a black scribble that someone came and drew.

"Yeri why-why would you want to be friends with me again? I'm a horrible person."

The unfamiliar pale hands grabbed onto mine, "Minji, we humans are selfish creatures; we all crave for that never ending love that does not exist. It's a trivial objective that cannot be reached no matter what, we may not breath the words out but we want the best for ourselves. We are the biggest predators that hunt our own."

I looked away and felt Yeri squeeze my hand. This was one long night, the day started off perfect and then all of sudden everything came crashing down in a mere minute. That forged happiness quickly collapsed with the rest of my world.

Now I was talking to the girlfriend of the boy I'm in love. "I'll be honest, I tried denying this feelings because I was trying to be a good friend but I guess it was already ruined."

I rubbed my foot on the pavement, the loud awkward tension filled the air.

"I dated him behind your back and lied for so long. I stole your first love and acted as if it was just alright. I don't know what I was thinking, I just did everything out of selfishness and even thought you overreacted. Minji I'm just as tangled and stuck in Jungkook's web as you."

The time was much too late, maybe an few hours after midnight but I wasn't too sure. Checking the time on my phone had completely slipped my mind.

Yeri laughed as I pulled my hands away, "Yeri I love Jungkook." I announced. "I tried hating you and I thought I did but I guess I was just temporarily angry. I now I'm suppose to choose friends over boys but I couldn't help but feel betrayed by you."

Her laughter came to a halt and she pulled me into a hug. "I know, I won't hold anything you've done so far against you; I know about you and Jungkook. It's all karma, Minji you're my best friend and I want this battle to be fair. May the best girl win."

I hugged Yeri back and cried into her shoulder. I wailed loudly, not giving a care about my neighbours, and let the tears soak Yeri's shirt.

She knew. She knew about everything but she doesn't blame me.

"Yeri I'm sorry." I cried in to her shoulder as she stroked my back and let me cry, I swore I could hear a few hicks coming from her.

And I knew the scribbles on her face was disappearing.

"It's okay Minji, I'll be happy with whoever ends up with Jungkook."

___________________________

The next day I woke up with a large lump in my throat and a sore back. I rolled onto my side and felt my energy completely leave my body as the aching feeling in my back was killing me. The sound creaky floor boards and the harsh cold wind blew on my skin, sending shivers down my skin.

The semi-warm sunlight poured into the room through the opened curtains.

After Yeri left me last night, I collapsed on the floor boards right as soon as I entered my home. I pushed my hair back and rested my head on my arms.

I can't believe Yeri actually knew about everything Jungkook and I've been doing, even more so I can't believe she still wants to be friends with me.

Right now I'm questioning whether or not I should check into a hospital to see how messed up my head is right now. I'm still trying to convince myself to let Jungkook go but my problem laid on one key factor that was holding me back.