Seeing my fighting stance, Suga chuckled, "have fun Minji. I'll be here for you no matter the outcome." He assured me, standing up and walking over to me so we faced each other. A grin became apparent on my lips as I nodded.

"Thank you oppa."

⋯ ☆ ⋯

I perched up against the wall, almost as if my back was stuck to the wall. Cautiously, I drank from my can of soda – to avoid any spiking of drinks – and watched as girls took pictures together through the eye holes of my mask.

Yeri bailed on me last minute, she sent me a text saying something urgent came up. When I asked if she was alright, she completely blew me off. Jiho, was running around trying to keep everything in place. And Jun? I haven't seen him at all, the closet time I got to see him was a single lock of his hair that was being covered by girls who were practically trying to throw themselves at him.

A few classmates like Jaehyun, Seokmin and Yuju came by to greet me, they all complimented my dress and said I looked really pretty tonight which I forced myself not to retort back with a 'so I don't usually look pretty?'

Tonight I was a wallflower, almost like Cinderella. When the clock struck 7 everything was going to shatter.

I had tried looking around the room but no one came close to resembling Jungkook. Every face was covered by a mask, but not completely covering their faces so it wasn't impossible to find Jungkook amidst the crowd.

Taking another swig from my can, I glimpsed over to see how flustered couples were to dance together — their cheeks dusted with pink and vibrant shades red — it was amusing at the most. I had to give it to the school committee, the whole dance was magical, decorations were made with precision and there was even a balcony with strong feels of Romeo and Juliet.

"May I have a dance?"

I turned my head to side to find a rather tall built male with a blue and silver mask that had three feathers attached to the right side of the mask.

He smiled at me, "may I have a dance, milady?" He repeated, bringing his hand forward for me to grasp on. I shrugged, there was more than half an hour to go until seven. Might as well have fun at my last school dance.

Placing my hand on top of his palm, his smile widened. We slowly danced together, I followed in his lead as I stared down at my feet to avoid stepping on his feet.

A chuckle erupted from his chest as he pulled his hand away from my waist to push my chin up so we looked at each other through our mask. "It's not polite to not look at your dance partner, milady." He joked as he grinned, displaying his canines.

Smiling back up at him, "you're not from our high school are you?" He looked taken back for a second before calmly smiling back.

"How did you figure me out so quickly?"

He twirled me around, soon enough we were directly under the slightly darkened light while the soft music of guitar, piano and other instruments.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed there weren't many people on the dancing stage. Everyone was either chatting or stuffing their faces with the expensive western food that had just come out.

"From my first observation, I have never seen anyone like you around school." He chuckled and nodded for me to proceed rather amusingly, "next I'm pretty sure you're one if Seokmin's friends, seeing how you conversed earlier."