[2]

Hee Young couldn't believe her eyes. Hwan Shik oppa was in front of her! He gave her his usual bright, inviting smile that warmed her to bone. They were genuine, the dimple on his cheeks decided to appear at the finest time. He had the smile that could soften the grumpiest man's heart, though he never know it himself. When he smiled like that, everything around her became beautiful and vivid, and Hee Young loves it. He took a step forward, pulling her into a hug. The time itself stopped, and for once she let out a laugh of relief. All was well again.

"You're back, Oppa." She said with a blissful smile. The said man caressed her head like a mother would to her child.

"I'm back." He nodded his head, still holding the fourteen years old girl on his arm. "Hee Young-ah," He called her name.

"Hmm?"

"You look ugly."

Hee Young's eyes jerked open, so wide they could pop out of her eyes socket. Her whole body was covered in cold sweat, while her mind took long enough to process the whole thing. It seemed no matter how hard she try to recall her dream (or nightmare, she didn't know) she couldn't remember. The first thing that came into her mind was the new boy. Then the rest flooded in like watching videos projected in your brain the second time. The embarrassment came later, every single word he said echoed in her mind.

But it didn't last long. The feeling turned into pure curiosity, one that filled her mind with hundreds of questions with their possibilities and flashed sparkles on her irises. She sat up, looking at the clock on the wall.

06.00

Perfect.

Hee Young dragged her body off her bed. She stretched her arms above her head and smile, a mischievous one that is. Then she realised, her body was still sticky from sweat. Well, who cares? She rushed out the bedroom, her nose caught mouthwatering smell of her mother's cooking. It was probably japchae, her favourite dish. ...Nah, food could wait for later.

But it seemed her mother heard her footsteps. She always had the knack to found out everything she does.

"Where are you going, Hee Young?" She called from the kitchen.

"To our new neighbour!"

Her mother was about to tell her the boy will only live there that summer, but it seemed that her daughter was already off. She could only pray that girl won't scare him away.

The Min household (aka her neighbour) was already practically Hee Young's second house. Bored at home? She just go to her neighbour. Mother forgot to cook? She eats at her neighbour's. And those thing also applied vice verca to both of the Min couple.

Hee Young knocked twice on the traditional sliding door. The door slided revealing Grandma Min's head. She looked tired.

"Grannie, morning! How is Grampa?"

The old woman nodded her head slowly. "He is fine. It's because he is old. Grandson also helped a lot."

"That's great! Can I borrow him?"

"Very well. Scare him not, Hee Young-ah." She said in her usual demeanour. Hee Young kissed the woman's cheek and ran to the guess room. It was probably where her new neighbour sleep.

She slid the door carelessly, shouting loud and clear," Rise and shine, Neighbour!"

The said boy groan in irritation. Who dared to disturb his sleep? He blinked, closed his eyes, and blinked again. Ray of sunlight shining through the window, clearing his view and helped him figuring out who the person was. The little girl.

"What do you want?" He grunted, clearly displaying the annoyance. He didn't want to admit it, but he was also curious as to why the girl was there. He thought she was mad because he called her ugly.

"Good morning! I want to borrow you for a while, Neighbour!" Hee Young exclaimed happily.

"What?"

"Let's go, Neighbour!" Hee Young flopped on his bed, reaching for his hand.

"Hold on. Firstly, my name is NOT Neighbour. Secondly, where are you taking me to? And third, this is still goddamn six a m!" He tried to escape into the dreamland by covering his head with blanket.

The little girl think for awhile. Yoon Gi thought she was gone, but oh boy he was wrong. He released the blanket from his head and she was still there, staring at him.

"Hello, Neighbour! My name is Kwak Hee Young. Nice to meet you!" She held her hand in front of him.

"I'm Min Yoon Gi." He ignored the hand, "Where are we going?"

"To a beautiful place!" She exaggerated the 'beautiful', but if what she meant was really beautiful, Yoon Gi had to bring his camera.

He sighed,"Okay, let me get my camera first."

There was no choice but to go with her, right?

___

word count: 809 words

A/N: I'm so so sorry this turned out to be shorter compared to the chapter before 🙇 I will try making it longer next time!

-lilcinnamonsuga