These words are knives that often leave scars.

Aaron's POV

I woke up in my bed, in pain. I rolled over to look up at the ceiling. 'Nope, bad idea.' I decided that it would be good to get up and walk around a little bit. I got out of bed slowly. I walked into my bathroom. I took off my shirt and turned around to see the claw mark. "Yep, that's gonna leave a scar."

Having enough of that painful memory, I put my shirt back on and went downstairs. I went into the living room to see Sophie jamming out and singing to Panic! At The Disco's This Is Gospel.

"IF YOU LOVE ME, LET ME GOOOOOO. CAUSE THESE WORDS ARE KNIVES THAT OFTEN LEAVE SCARS, THE FEAR OF FALLING APART, AND TRUTH BE TOLD, I NEVER WAS YOURS, THE FEAR, THE FEAR OF FALLING APART."

I leaned against the wall, silently laughing to myself. I walked away quickly and quietly hoping I wouldn't disturb her. I tiptoed back up to my room. I moved in with Amy before the attack and we were in the process of selling my house. I was afraid of leaving it behind, but I concluded it was my old life and I need to start creating new memories. I stopped at my dresser and picked up a frame. It was a picture of my parents and I when I was eight years old. It was still nice to look at some old memories too. I smiled at the picture . It was then that Sophie walked in. She walked over to me.

"Are those your parents?"

I smiled, "haha, yeah."

"Can I say something?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"The shifters didn't kill my parents. I was adopted. I took a blood test a couple years ago and that's when I found out. I never told them because I always thought they would tell me when they were ready. I went to the adoption agency one day and they couldn't disclose any information about my real parents. But, the receptionist did tell me one thing."

"What was that?"

"My real parents had a child with white eyes."