Fallen Hero

The duel between the seer and the Royal had ceased. One now laid on the ground close to death. The loser had been Luke. Blood poured from his chest where the sword had struck him. He coughed up blood.

Max smirked at the sight of his opponent on the ground and close to death. He had been victorious. Luke was going to die. Now all that there was to do was to finish defeating the Light Realm in battle.

The victor smashed his foot into Luke's stomach and pressed down hard causing Luke to cough up more blood.

"That will teach you to face me. You should have thought for a second that you would win this duel. You are nothing." He emphasized that last sentence as he pushed down on Luke's stomach with his foot.

Before Lilly could make her way to Luke two others reached him first. Emily gasped at the sight of Luke's bloodied body and Michael glared at Max.

"Get the hell away from him!" Michael boomed. Max laughed but stepped away from Luke.

"Are you here to challenge me?" He continued to laughed. Michael raised his sword.

"Yeah I am."

"Good idea, Michael. Hold him off while I heal Luke." Emily told her friend in a concerned tone. She kneeled beside Luke. She began muttering a spell to heal the injury but it wasn't looking good for Luke. A sword in your chest was not a very hopeful sign. She yanked the sword out carefully and heard Luke moan.

"Amh..." He groaned.

"Sana vulnus nisi vita," Emily muttered as a faint blue glow appeared over Luke's chest.

Lilly's eyes widened in shock and fear as she watched her best friend be struck down by Max. She thought she had been running as fast as she could before but now she had somehow increased speed. She ran over to Luke's limp body and Emily who was trying to save him.

"Is he- is he, you know..." Lilly asked in a terrified voice. It seemed as if he were dead. She dropped Serena's sword and sat next to him.

"Dead? No he's not. He's passed out from blood loss though. I'll be honest though, it doesn't look good for him." Emily answered honestly. To say they were both worried would be an understatement.

Lilly lifted Luke's head and placed it in her lap. "Luke, you're okay. You're going to be okay. Just don't die on me. You can't. Do you understand? You just can't." She hoped if she stated it as if it were a fact it would become true. Tears started to pool in her eyes, but she refused to let them fall. She was strong, she had to be right now. Luke wouldn't want her to cry.

Lilly took a good look at Luke. His face was dirty: sweat grazed his brow and blood stained his mouth. Luke's favorite t-shirt which once had been a nice blue color with a picture of the Millennium Falcon now was stained red with his own blood. His sword laid on the ground next him, close to his right hand. Lilly didn't like the sight of her best friend.

A shiny, metallic glint caught Lilly's eyes. Something had fallen out of Luke's pocket. The girl inspected it.

Lilly picked up two round objects. One was silver and one was gold with a red stone. He had had the rings. All this time Luke had kept the rings they had gone through some much trouble to acquire. Lilly almost smiled.

She didn't know what had caused her to do it, but she slipped the silver ring onto Luke's finger. It was a sudden urge that had come over her. The same urge told her to put the gold one on her own finger. Both rings started to glow faintly for a moment but Lilly didn't see. She was too busy gazing at Luke's face.

A soft sensation began on her right hand, where here her mark was. It was barely noticeable so Lilly assumed it was just a twitch. Her lily mark glowed gold then silver before the color disappeared from it. It looked as if it was only a oddly shaped scar now. Lilly didn't pay attention to that either. She turned her head to Emily.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Lilly would do anything to save Luke's life.

"Sorry, Lilly, but as far as magic goes your not experienced and it's the only thing that can save him now." Emily told her. She stared at Luke's chest, concentrating on healing his wound. "But it looks like Michael may need some back up. If you can stop Max the Dark Realm will surrender and that will make it easier to get Luke medical attention." Emily went back to mumbling her healing spell. Unfortunately Max's sword was enchanted causing the wound to be difficult to heal.

"Gotcha." Lilly nodded in understanding. She grabbed a sword at random, as there were three close to her. She ended up grabbing Luke's plain, silvery sword.

Michael was having trouble keeping up with Max but seemed to be lucking out. He hadn't been injured yet after all, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to keep it up for long. He ducked, barely dodging Max's swing. Max was a skilled and fierce opponent.

Max sensed someone plotting to attack. The king called over two of his pawns to watch his back. His soldiers were somewhat reluctant, but followed his orders.

Lilly found herself facing two opponents that stood between her and defeating Max. Her eyes narrowed. She was ready to take them on for her friends.