In the City of Love (Lilly's Point of View)

Lilly stared at the ceiling of the room the girls were renting. She couldn't sleep. Images of what the mirror had shown her kept repeating over and over again in her mind. Her friends had been murdered. That was her worst fear. Her friends dying... And to make it worse it was all her fault.

She knew that the mirror was trying to trick her, trying to drive her mad. She knew it was fake, but it seemed so real. It was almost as if she had been there in real life watching her friends die in front of her. What was worse was the fact that it could happen. It was completely plausible and that honestly scared her, so she stayed awake.

She heard a knock at the door. She slowly slid out of the covers to answer it but Emily, whose bed was closest to the door, beat her to it. She saw that in the hallway was Luke.

What is he doing here at this hour?
Lilly wondered to herself. She couldn't hear what they were saying as they were whispering in an attempt not to wake up the other girls.

After a surprisingly short conversation Emily closed the door.

"What was that about?" Lilly whispered, just loud enough for Emily to hear.

"I think Luke's a seer. He keeps having these visions, you see. They were driving him crazy wondering about them." Emily whispered back.

"Oh wow." Lilly mumbled.

"I know. It's a lot to deal with at" Emily yawned. "Two in the morning. I doubt it actually registered with him what that actually meant."

"A seer, wow." Lilly mumbled to herself.

The week flew by fast. Friday arrived soon and Lilly was excited for her friends' plans to see the Eiffel Tower, something she had wanted to do her entire life.

At breakfast Lilly noticed Emily pull Luke aside. She wanted to get closer to hear what they were talking about but knew that that was rude and thought better off it.

The taxi ride to Paris seemed to take forever but eventually they arrived in the city of light.

"Hey, we're going to go to the Louvre first." Jade told her older sister.

"That's not really my thing." Lilly said. Luke and Jade smiled. What was that for? Lilly wondered, but didn't ask.

"Well, then do you want to go to the Eiffel Tower with me? It's on your bucket list isn't it?" Luke asked.

"Yeah, it is. You remembered." Lilly smiled. Luke nodded.

"Of course." The two walked down the streets of Paris away from their friends.

After a couple minutes and an elevator ride later they were at one of tower's observation decks.

"Wow, the view is great from up here." Lilly looked out over the city of Paris. It was breathtaking.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to puke." Luke said as he turned away from the sight.

Lilly snorted with laughter at his statement. Out of all the things he could talk about he decides to talk about how the view of the most romantic city in the world makes him want to puke, just because he's high up. That's just like him.

"Out of all the things in the world that's what you choose to say." She laughed again. "Classic Luke." She shook her head.