Chapter 11

Court session Continues

 "Well Mrs. Carter if you have any love or self-respect for yourself, you'll let Mr. Carter go. You can't keep a man who doesn't want you and there's harm in trying to. Mrs. Carter you are a beautiful woman. You're talented. You're successful. You can do better than him. Believe me, but you got to let him go, if you want better for yourself and for your daughter. There is no sense in holding on to him. Let him go. Do you hear me Mrs. Carter?"

*deep down she knew she was right.*as a tear rolled down Beyonce's cheek. "Yes ma'am," she said wiping the tears away.

"Now because I am a fair judge and because I believe in the empowerment and uplifting of women, this is what I will do for you. Seeing that you have invested over a million dollars into Mr. Carter's business I am going to give you half of his company, which means whatever the company profits, you will too. And you have a say so in any final decisions that they decide to make."

Everyone who came in support of Beyonce gasped. "I am also rewarding you 1.5 million dollars, that Mr. Carter will have to pay, due to the emotional and physical abuse you have suffered at the hands of Mr. Carter. You also get the house, if you so desire it."Shawn stood with his mouth hung open. He tapped his lawyer on the arm. "Aye man do something," he said. "They trynna take everything man."Shawn's lawyer was baffled. He could barely get the words out. "Save it, counselor, I've already made my decision," said judge Toler."Mr. Carter, you don't get anything out of this divorce, but the clothes on your back. 

The way you treated Mrs. Carter---- Oop, I'm sorry Ms. Knowles, I shouldn't leave you a penny. If you don't put an end to this little cocky, selfish, attitude you have, you're gonna end up loosing a lot more than a house and a couple million dollars. You hear me? The way you treated Ms. Knowles was despicable and, to be honest I'm surprised she stuck it out with you for so long." Judge Toler returned her attention back to Beyonce."And Ms. Knowles, I know you said that you still love Mr. Carter, which is perfectly normal and will probably take some time getting over, but please take this time to focus on yourself girl. Don't let a man stress you out. They aren't worth the trouble." Judge Toler stood up. "Good luck to the both of you on your future endeavors. Shawn I hope I don't have to see you in my court room again. Ms. Knowles, I'll be looking out for your next album. Have a good day. Court is now dismissed."