Imagine #1: Klaus

Imagine being Klaus' best friend of nearly half a century

You watched as the vampire dumped the blonde's body to the ground with an unceremonious thump. His face dripped with blood and you couldn't help but chuckle.

"You would think an original would have a little more class." You said.

"You know who I am?" Klaus asked cautiously.

"The majority of the supernatural world knows you; Klaus Mikaelson."

"And who exactly are you?"

"Y/N Y/L/N. Third generation of your sire line. Now I don't suppose you're going to finish that lovely brunette all by yourself, are you?"

--

Klaus sighed as he put down his paintbrush and turned to face you.

"What do you want?" He asked angrily.

"I wanted to see if you were okay." You said simply, taking a seat knowing Klaus would automatically tell you everything.

"Okay with what?" Klaus said snidely. "Being a monster? I am well aware of the atrocity I am Y/N. I don't fall apart like a child simply because Rebekah took it upon herself to remind me that she too sees me for what I truly am."

"You really are terrible at disguising your pain, you know that right? Klaus, you can talk to me."

"You cannot solve all of my problems Y/N."

"Perhaps not but as possibly the only person outside your own family who actually likes you, I can sure as hell try."

"Why? Why spend two centuries befriending someone like me? You'll only get yourself caught up in my battles."

"Your battles are mine. We fight together and if that includes fighting the war in your head then your demons can be my demons too."

--

"Okay, quick checklist. Vampire, check. Werewolf, check. Witch, check. Self serving asshole to perform the ceremony for, check."

"Extremely annoying sidekick, check." Klaus added mockingly.

"You know you love me." You replied with a grin, handing a glass of bourbon to Klaus.

"I think tolerate is a more apt description."

"Shut up." You laughed. "So this is it? Tonight you become the Hybridick."

"You do realise that if anyone else called me that they'd die an excruciating death, correct?" Klaus pointed out rolling his eyes.

"Then I'm lucky I'm your best friend aren't I?"

Klaus chuckled, downing the glass you'd handed him. He set his glass down, a somber look on his face all of a sudden. "You are my dearest friend, Y/N." He said coming over and placing a hand on your shoulder. "Which is why I can't allow you to be in any danger."

"Klaus, what are you doing?"

"Please don't hate me for this Y/N." Klaus said softly, tears glistening in his eyes. "When I break the curse, half the supernatural world will come after me but I will be invincible. If they find you, they will kill you to hurt me and I can't have that." He started and your eyes widened as you realised what he was saying.

"Klaus, I'm 746 years old. I can take care of myself."

"And I have enemies with 900 years under their belts!" Klaus said raising his voice.

"If you do this, I'll never forgive you."

"You will. Eventually." Klaus paused for a moment looking you right in the eye. "You will go to sleep until I tell you to wake up. Nothing will wake you other than my voice telling you that it is safe." He paused as the compulsion took effect.

Your eyes fluttered shut slowly and you felt your body give out beneath you. Darkness.

"I'm so sorry Y/N." Klaus whispered. "I promise I won't let you sleep long."

Here's my first imagine! Hope you all enjoy it