† 51

carefree chats turned to tense whispers, worried glances.

     jin lazed to his bedroom, a rupture of questions blocked from the door. click. locked. he has the keys, at least.

     the blanket was still around him, the box still on his bed, a mockery. he imagined her in that bed, that amazing smile and her eyes trying to open when she wakes and that nose to crinkle, her cheek squished to his chest from countless seconds of late night talks and casual love lost in sheets and whispers and promises, bordering from their universe to everywhere else. he has a box full of her family's tears with his own instead.

     he wasn't used to the haunting, to the voice — never will. every single night since he had that box — nightmare after nightmare after every fall and drown and cackle and scream with sweat clinging on to him for the next few hours. it was his pandora box — releasing horrors and guilt and every single emotion and pain possible into his already bleak and broken world. he didn't like it.

     why does he see words?

     why does he see black and white?

     why does he see crumples on the paper?

     why does he see soo kyu, in her darkest days, sitting on a mattress that hosted hundreds of lifeless beings, typing away on her computer oblivious of his tears from the glass that separates them?

     why does he see her arms naturally move with the iv, from the bag slung, the water dripping down to the iv line until it enter through the fin needle that pains him to see when she moves her hands quickly across the keyboard.

     why does he see no tears?

     it was a message, a will, a poem — everything that she wanted to say all inked on a tree. he uncrumpled the trees, unswept the dirt, unplucked the flowers, unpacked his face. all the while, the moon visited and decorated the stars again, sweeping off the clouds and switched on the lights. jin switched on his own too, sitting down on his desk as he scanned the title.

malignant

by park soo kyu

A . N

so this is 1/10 of the last chapters of the book </3 i'm going to miss this book sm . i will leave the last five chapters to be published on the exact day that i started publishing this :") which is on the 7th of august .

start getting your tissues out ( if you haven't already, then you're a pro oml i even cried doing this ) and let's go through this rollercoaster together <3