Expect The Unexpected Mr. Vampire Chapter 3

Charlotte's POV

Something felt different today, like the energy of the air was charged with some sort of electricity. My heart was beating faster for no reason and my mouth felt dry. Maybe I was coming down with something. Not good, not good, I couldn't miss school. Taking a deep breath, I walked out of the school after another long day. 

"Come of Char you're being so slow!" Nate yelled ahead of me. I ran to catch up with him, my hair blowing behind me in the day's chilly wind. 

"Nate, do you feel something different today?" I asked him as we got into the car and buckled in. 

"How do you mean?" he asked, focused on reversing out of the parking lot.  

"I feel like stuffy, like I cant breathe" I responded. He looked at me like I was dying. 

"Let's get you home and in bed missy, you're not getting sick on my watch." He said shifting the car into drive and quickly accelerating. I could escape the feeling that someone was watching me, but it didn't feel uncomfortable and scary, it felt warm and inviting. More like someone was trying to pull me to them and I was resisting the tug, Okay Charlotte, talk crazy a little more and your therapist is gonna lock you up. As if I didn't have enough problems to deal with.

Zander's POV

After a disquieting peaceful sleep at the motel, I quickly got up to search for my beloved. What would she look like? How would she react to my secret? How soon will I be able to clam her? Stepping out of the room and into the chilly morning, I could immediately feel it. She was somewhere close, the air felt charged with our bond. The forces of nature upset with the distance between me and my mate. 

As I started walking, I moved in the direction at with I felt the pull getting closer and closer until I finally reached a highschool. A highschool? Was she a student? Was she a teacher? Student would be okay, a little young and immature for my taste, but who knows. Teacher? Perhaps too old for my physical appearance of 22. Both babies to my actual age of 536. 

Sighing, I waited across the street from the school. I knew she was in there but I couldn't exactly barge inside. Well  I could, technically. But I don't think kidnapping my mate would make myself good in her eyes. I waiting for hours, my eyes trained on the double doors, waiting for my woman to appear before my tired eyes. My keen hearing picked up the sound of the final bell ringing and I stood on my feet. It was time.

Chatter filled my ears as teenagers came pouring through the doors, no sight of her so far. As the crowd of students slowly diminished, my hopes did also. What if she wasn't leaving yet? Where was she! All of the sudden, a girl stepped onto the front stairs of the school from the building. I froze, my breathing stopped and it was as if everything in the world slowed down. 

She was beautiful. Long dark hair blew behind her in the wind, I could see her bright green eyes that held a playful spirit that masked a deep sadness. She was petite, small but with a killer body. Curvy and a tiny waist. Full breast that was porportional to her figure. Perfect. Mine. 

My inner animal went wild. She was mine, I wanted her, now. I had to have her. My fangs elongated as I felt my grey eyes bleed to a fiery red. My mouth watered. 

She stood on the steps for a while, as if in a daze. Then a young boy bounced down the stairs past her and called to her. 

"Come on Char you're being so slow!" He called. I felt anger flare up inside me. How dare this boy talk to my mate so familiarly. Was he her boyfriend? No, she was mine. The thought of another male touching her with his filthy hands, corrupting her innocent body made me sick. I growled as my beast completely took over and prepared to attack. 

My beauty ran to catch up with him, her luscious hair flowing behind her, the wind blowing his scent across the lot. As I caught a whiff, I froze. Intoxicating, Crisp yet sweet, the smell instantly calmed my heightened senses. My body relaxed as I regained control of my body and actions. Already she had such a strong hold over me. I watched the two get into a car and drive off. I needed to get close to her, she had to know me, she had to love me. I need her soon.

I flashed over to the school entrance and casually walked in. A woman walking by stopped and looked at my cautiously. 

"Excuse me, can I help you?" she asked narrowing her eyes. I nodded.

"I hear you're in need of an English teacher, I'm here for the job" I said calmly.

"You're mistaken, we are not hiring and we wouldn't hire without any formal interview." she said becoming even more wary. 

I stepped closer to her and locked eyes with her. My pupils dilated as I used compulsion on her.

"I said, I'm here to be you're new english teacher" I said. Her eyes glazed over and she nodded slowly. 

"You're the new english teacher" she said obediently. 

"Good, now who was the girl who just left the school?" I asked steadily holding her hypnotized gaze.

"Charlotte Beaumont" she responded. My heart jumped at the name. Charlotte, what a beautiful name. How fitting.

"You are going to make sure that I am her teach, understood?" I said.

"Yes" she responded. 

Satisfied, I left her and returned to the motel to plan. Charlotte will be mine. I will have her, no matter what it takes.