Shikamaru's conclusion

Start from the beginning

"Very smart thinking Shikamaru." Kakashi complemented.

"Thanks."

"Socking a defenseless woman goes against my policy, but you don't seem in any way defenseless." He went to hit Tayuya again, but his fist was stopped. She grabbed his hand.

"Don't think that in beating the illusion you gained the upper-hand shithead!" Tayuya said. It was getting harder and harder for Shikamaru to bind her. Just as he was getting closer the horns that had appeared on the girl's head had started to grow. Her chakra once again increasing.

"What kind of ninja is she?!" Gai questioned. "I've never seen anything like it." Sakura shuddered at the thought of what she had seen Sasuke do to Zaku in the forest.

Shikamaru's grip weakened and the shadow hand shrunk back down, away from Tayuya's neck. 'Damn. If I release my jutsu I'm done for.' The fight dragged on almost in slow motion as the two enemies were both stuck under the other's grasp.

The movie then briefly showed the situations that Naruto and Kiba were in. Kiba trying to hide from the the sound ninja brothers Sakon and Ukon with an injured Akamaru and Naruto who was going nowhere with his fight against Kimimaro. A guy who uses his bones go fight.

"These sound ninja are really troublesome. What I haven't been able to figure out is why we are fighting them in the first place." Shikamaru explained.

"If I do not show you later I will at least explain why. This mission that Shikamaru, Kiba, and Naruto are on was a rescue mission." Hagaromo said.

"And who, or what are they rescuing exactly?" The 3rd questioned.

"Glad you asked. The mission was originally comprised of Shikamaru, Naruto, Kiba, Neji, and Choji. By order of the 5th Hokage, Shikamaru was made squad leader."

"5th Hokage? What about old man third?" Naruto asked.

"That is also something I will explain later. Now as I was saying, this was a rescue mission. Sasuke had left the leaf Village and was taken by the sound ninja four."

"So this is what Inojin was talking about when he said his dad had replaced Sasuke after he left?" Sakura asked. Hagaromo nodded.

"I don't understand. Why did I leave." Sasuke gave Hagaromo a threatening look clearly not asking a question, but telling him to give an answer.

Hagaromo sighed. "Well you wanted power. Enough power to kill you know who. So, you left konoha in search of Orochimaru to get that power he promised you. Now let me.."

"WHAT!? Sasuke! You...you went to Orochimaru!?" Naruto yelled.

"You idiot I haven't gone yet. We're watching the future remember?" Sasuke said.

"Hey! Let me finish." Everyone got quiet. "Now that coffin with the seals on it that the sound four were carrying holds Sasuke. That's why Naruto went after it."

"You said Neji and Choji were part of the mission too and that their are four sound ninja, but if me, Kiba, and Naruto are fighting three does that mean that Neji and Choji are fighting the last enemy?" Shikamaru asked Hagaromo.

"Close, but not exactly. The team encountered the sound ninja multiple times. The first time Choji stayed behind to fight Jirobo. The three others went on to bring Sasuke to Orochimaru. When Shikamaru and the squad caught up to them again Neji stayed to fight Kidomaru. Eventually they all ended up splitting up. Kiba and Akamaru battled with Sakon and Ukon, Shikamaru with Tayuya, and then Naruto went after Sasuke who was taken by another sound ninja named Kimimaro. Kimimaro had went after the sound four and bring Sasuke back after they started to take too long. So as Shikamaru put it, it was a miscalculation." Hagaromo finally finished.