Shikamaru's conclusion

Everyone watched as Shikamaru tried endlessly to evade the attacks made by Tayuya's creatures.

"Oh man Shikamaru. You're in big trouble. There's no way you can beat her." Kiba said.

"Thanks Kiba, that makes me feel real good." The Nara said slouching in his seat.

He managed to escape and quickly hid. Forming his usual hand sign he analyzed his opponent. Quickly coming up with a plan using the remaining tools he had. In a chain like reaction he distracted Tayuya. The flash bomb he had went off and using the shadows formed by the flash and his shadow possession jutsu, Shikamaru managed to capture the three creatures.

"Yeah! Go, Shikamaru!" Naruto yelled from the cheering section.

"Yes! You got her!" Ino crushed the boy in a hug.

"Would you let go of me." Shikamaru said annoyed.

Things were looking up for Shikamaru until Tayuya dismissed her summons, therefore releasing the possession Shikamaru had on her.

"Oh well what can you do." Kankuro joked causing many to glare at him. "What?"

"Kankuro it's not a laughing matter." Temari scolded.

"Jeez what's got you upset?!" Kankuro scoffed.

Shikamaru attempted to throw a kunai at the sound ninja, but missed and it hit a tree instead. To make matters worse, Tayuya transformed into the second stage of her curse mark changing her appearance and gaining chakra.

"What..the?!" 'She forced her way through my shadow possession.. What is that immense chakra?!' Shikamaru thought. 'There's no other choice. I have to use that jutsu.' He formed a different hand sign. "Shadow strangle jutsu!" Shikamaru's shadow started moving its way up to Tayuya's throat in the form of a hand.

'Is this a different jutsu!? The shadow is applying real pressure as if real hands were grabing me..but.' Tayuya struggled to move out of the jutsu.

'Damn!' The farther away I am the harder it is to maintain my hold on her.'

Tayuya slowly brought her flute up to her mouth. "Demonic Flute: Illusion Harmony!"

Looking around quickly, Shikamaru came to a realization. "Shit! This is.. This is genjutsu!?" 'My body..can't move!' The genjutsu Shikamaru was thought to be in was showed.

"Oh man. How do I get myself into these situations? Such a drag." Shikamaru complained.

Everyone watched as Shikamaru's flesh started to melt and fall off.

"EW! So gross!" Ino and Sakura said at the same time causing the two to glare at each other. Lee made a gagging sound like he was about to puke.

"That's so..messed up." Tenten said.

Tayuya picked up the kunai that Shikamaru had thrown earlier and closed in on him. "How do you feel now? Being held up. Die trash!" She swung the kunai towards Shikamaru, but was surprised when she was then punched in the stomach. "What.." Shikamaru had broken his with the shadow.

"Right. The pain from the broken finger would be enough to shake me out of the genjutsu." Shikamaru thought aloud.

'He must have only been pretending to be under the genjutsu.' Tayuya assumed.

"How many times do I have to tell you..the first hand is a feint. It's the most basic thing to land with the second hand. Of course now that you are closer my shadow strangle jutsu is stronger." Shikamaru smirked as the shadows hold on Tayuya tightened. Shikamaru then continued to explain his thought out plan.