Shikamaru vs Temari

Genma watched as the blonde sand kunoichi flew down on her fan from the balcony above. "Looks like you're eager. Shikamaru! Get down here!" Shikamaru stood, leaning on the balcony railing thinking.

'What's she getting all excited about? I wish she'd just die! How come I'm the only one who has his matches changed around so much? Well, I guess I can also forfeit and...' He was interrupted at that moment when Naruto chose to push him over the side railing.

"Alright! Shikamaru go for it!"

"Eh?!" Was all the lazy ninja could say before falling into the arena. As he lay there fellow ninja and spectators started shouting at him.

"Hey hurry up and fight!"

"Yeah! Hurry up and finish this crappy match!"

"Get up kid! How long are you going to lie there?!"

"Wow they really don't like you Shikamaru." Tenten, laughed making others smile.

'Everyone want's to see Sasuke's fight...They're probably angry because after all this waiting, they have to watch this pathetic excuse for a match between two side acts... Since nobody cares about this fight. There isn't really any point to doing it...'

"What, are you going to give up too?" Temari, said.

'Aw man, it's a girl again?'

'Well, it's not like he was motivated to begin with..' Asuma, sighed.

"Shikamaru!" Good luck!" Naruto yelled to his friend.

"If you won't come, then I will!" Temari ran at Shikamaru with her fan.

"Hey! I didn't start the match yet! Genma tried to warn. While everyone else was focused one watching the match, Baki was thinking about something else.

'If this is the third round of the chunin exams then they may show...' Cutting off his bad thoughts he turned back to watch his student's match.

"Oh man.. That girl is really revved up." He pulled out a kunai just as Temari hit her fan on the ground where Shikamaru used to lay. When the dust from the hit cleared Shikamaru stood standing up against the wall. "Ya know, I don't really want to fight...and I don't care whether I become a chunin or not...but I'm not going to lose to a girl! Well, I guess I'll do it!" Shikamaru cooly stood against the wall. Temari at that moment had swung her fan towards the shadow user creating yet another dust cloud. When the dust disappeared, so had Shikamaru.

'Hah! He's great at running away!'

"It's nice to be able to know what they are thinking. It allows us to know their opinions and gives a better understanding of what's happening." Kurenai, said.

"Yes, I'm glad I was able to do that with my power. It will definitely be important later on." Hagoromo, explained.

'But even so, a guy just can't go around hitting women. So...' Shikamaru, thought.

"BUST HER UP! Shikamaru! Get her with a 16 hit combo!" Ino had yelled from her spot in the stands.

"Troublesome."

"Is it okay if I sit here?" Ino turned to see Choji standing next to her holding a bag of chips.

"What's with you...your stomach's alright already?"

Meanwhile~

Temari stood with her fan in front of her, on guard. 'Let's see.. He's a ninja that uses shadows. So, he's probably trying to lure me into the trees where there'll be lots of cover.. But no way I'm gonna fall for that.