Welcome Back

A/N: This chapter it's back to watching the future. Enjoy

"What the hell?" Ino looked absolutely confused.

Chocho looked as if she were about to die of embarrassment. "See I told you. Not my parents."

"What's she talking about?" Tsunade leaned over to Jiraiya. The toad sage just shrugged.

"Anyway. For those of you that have yet to meet, this is my wife, Karui." Choji introduced.

"Sup." Karui raised her hand in a small wave.

"Hey!"

"Uncle!" Shikadai waved to Kankuro. He walked down the steps to where they were seated, followed by Gaara. Kankuro stopped mid step when he heard laughing. He turned and saw the young dog boy rolling over.

"Look at his hair!" Kiba pointed to Gaara's hair. "Oh my gosh I can't take it!" He wiped a tear from his eye and gasped for air.

"Hey! That's the Kazekage you're laughing at. Not to mention my little brother. Zip it." Kankuro scolded.

Kiba immediately clamped his mouth shut. He wasn't looking to upset any sand sibling that day. Especially since he had no idea what they were like in the future.

Gaara turned to his brother, with a look of amusement. "Why'd you have to say little brother?" Gaara very rarely smirked, but when he did it usually had something to do with Kankuro.

"W-ell, I.." Kankuro stuttered. A few laughed at the two older sand siblings, having never seen them act so..normal.

"Where's Ma?" Shikadai asked his Uncles and they turned to their nephew.

"I believe she went to go find your dad." Kankuro said.

"She left us shortly after we entered the village." Gaara said.

'Hn. I don't know how long Temari was in Suna, but it seems like she missed me. This all happened so fast. It's a lot to take in. Temari..' Shikamaru looked over at the girl he would marry. He still didn't know a lot about her and he hated to admit it, but Kankuro was right. He did end up working with Temari a lot, but he didn't understand their relationship. 'I guess I need more evidence.'

"Ugh! When are they getting here? I'm soooo bored!" Ino started complaining.

"I'm sure they'll be here soon." Ino laughed and smiled awkwardly. 'Dammit Shikamaru! If you guys are doing what I think you're doing...'

'Cha! Hurry up Shikamaru!'

'Tch what could we possibly be doing. I know Nara is lazy, but come on. Me?' Temari thought.

'Please scary girl and Shikamaru hurry up...sniff, sniff...ramen?' Naruto  thought.

"Look!" Boruto yelled.

Just then two shadows crossed the arena and two figures landed in front of them.

Shikamaru stood up and stretched. "Uh, sorry we're late. I got behind on some paperwork." Shikamaru explained.

"OH YEAH?! WHAT'S HER EXCUSE!!" Naruto jumped up and pointed an accusing finger at Temari.

"Shikamaru tends to get wrapped up in work. Work that he's doing to help you." Temari put her hands ont her hips and bent down so she was eye level with the twelve year old. "Got a problem with that?"