Chapter 30

Media: Hunter Hayes- Wanted

Recap of the previous chapter (My Summary): Alex and Mari had gotten into a fight and Max had to but in, because Mari's wounds were opening. He was worried and then 'fought' with Alex until she went into submission. She eventually did, but during the fight, Max had pushed Mari into the wall, hurting her even more. She sat there and watched as an argument and the sharing of feelings sprung out. All of it ending with a rejection, the final leave of Alex, worried Mari and shocked state of poor Max...

(SO SORRY for the late update. It is currently midnight and I have things to do tomorrow but I was thinking and the feeling of not updating for a while over came me...)

= = = = =

Ray's Pov

= = = = =

I lied on my bed thinking of the little minx that I sent over to the Lunar Eclipse pack. As soon as she left I couldn't get the woman off my mind. I mean, what was so great about her? She was clever, I can give her that, but what else? Her brown long hair cascaded mid-back and she had plain brown eyes. Her figure was slim like most weres would have. Her pouted rosy lips were probably the most thing that I thought about.

My eyes widened as I realized what I was doing. Shaking my head, I felt my wolf wanting to let out some steam. As an Alpha, that was very well needed. I too, wanted to go for a run, but only to make my curious thoughts about Alex to go away.

Running out of where the small pack I currently have's camp, I went by some guards and nodded to them. That meaning that I am going somewhere and to inform the Beta. For a few minutes I just sprinted in the woods in my human form, trying to enjoy the fresh woodsy air. When I was far enough, my wolf shifted inside me, showing me that he wanted to get out now.

Stopping, I shed off my clothes to tie them around my ankles and shifted. The ground beneath my feet was soft, yet hard at the same time. The moonlit night guided my path even more, with the night vision I already had. I let myself form a wolfish grin on my face. Damn, it felt good to run. I actually hadn't gotten out like this for a whole week. The pack was bustling with new members, meaning both I and my Beta had to work hard to join new people to our blooming pack. After the war I had with the Lunar Eclipse pack, there were only few survivors. I was an Alpha, but an Alpha can't be a true leader without a pack.

My legs went faster as I ran, my fur bristling in the wind. The howls of the wind feeling like there were other wolves around, which I know there are. But the howling of the wind wasn't the only thing I sensed. I lifted my snout into the air to get a take a deep whiff of my surroundings. Somewhere close by, I smelt something familiar. Or rather someone familiar.

Changing directions, I headed towards where the person was. It turns out, the place the person was at was just about a half mile away from The Lunar Eclipse Pack. Not like I was planning to go there anyway. I wasn't about to get myself killed. I didn't have back up, and if they all threw themselves at me at the same time, I would be the one to lose. I knew them like that. I knew Mari like that.

Going back to the person I sniffed out, I pondered in my head. Why would she be all the way out here when really, she should be trying to trick that sneaky dirty alpha, Max. He was her mate after all. It didn't matter if he loved or liked someone else. They were mates and mates are suppose to be forever.