Crossing the River

*unedited*

Previously...

" Did you hear what he said... winter is almost over. You know what that means... no more ice! " Peter says urgently.

Hermione's Pov

We see the river ice cracking.

"We need to cross now!" I crie. If we don't cross now we'll never make it to Aslan.

"Don't beavers make dams?" Lucy asked. Now I just felt bad for her, she was so desperate she asked Mr.Beaver if he could make a dam.

" I'm not that fast, dear!" Mr.Beaver said in panick.

" Wait, just think about this for a minute" I scream.

"We don't have a minute!" Peter argues.

"She's just trying to be realistic" Susan says taking my side.

"No, both of you are trying to be smart...as usual!"

When Peter tries to walk across the ice it started cracking under the weight.

"Wait, maybe I should go first" Mr.Beaver said.

"Maybe you should" wow he has a HUGE brave act but when there is a life threatening situation he gets others to go first. Is he for real?

Mr.Beaver carefully gets on the ice and pats his tail a few times on the ice.

"You've been sneaking second helpings haven't you?" Mrs.Beaver says getting angry.

"Well you never know what meal is gonna be your last, especially with your cooking" Mr.Beaver says adding fuel to Mrs.Beaver's anger.

"Come on Mrs.Beaver" I say calling her as we slowly got onto the ice. This is the time I want to whip out my wand and use magic. If the Ministry of Magic finds out I used magic they'd take my wand away and I'd be expelled from Hogwarts. They won't think this situation is particularly life threatening when they're being controlled by DeathEaters.

DeathEaters are Voldemorte's follower. They kill children, men, women, monsters and many other living creatures with no mercy, with cold blood.

" If Mum knew what we were doing..." Susan started. I thought the same, if mom knew what I'm doing she'll freak and dad will be proud. If I died fighting he wouldn't mourn me as much as ordinary people mourn their dead child, he'd be proud.

"Oh no!" Lucy cries.

We all look up and see the wolves. I love wolves but now I don't know if I'd ever look at them the same way again.

"Run!" Peter says. Peter says that way to much.

The wolves leap down on the ice. One holds Mr.Beaver down while the head Maugrim comes towards us.

"Put that down, boy. Someone could get hurt" Maugrim says to Peter looking at the sword he was holding. You could also hear Mr.Beaver crying "No"

When Peter glances at Mr.Beaver he says "Don't worry about me! Run him through!"

A lot of Narnians must really hate the queen and her followers. You all need to know from now on I will call the white "witch" , queen instead.

"Leave now while you can, and your brother leaves with you" Maugrim says. He really thinks we're that stupid.

" Stop Peter, maybe we should listen to him! " Susan cried. I'd do the same thing if it was Harry that was captured and I was new to magic.

"Smart girl" Maugrim commented.

"Don't listen to him! Kill him! Kill him now!" well Mr.Beaver sounds like a crazy lunatic right now.

"Come on, this isn't your war. All my queen wants is for your to take your family and go" Maugrim says trying to reason with him.

"Look, just because some man in a red suit hands you a sword, it doesn't make you a hero! So just drop it!" Susan says scared that they'd do something to Edmund.

"No Peter! Narnia needs ya! Gut him while you still have a chance!" Mr.Beaver yells.

"What's it gonna be Son of Adam? I won't wait forever. And neither will the river!" Maugrim says waiting for Peter's answer.

"Peter!" I yell as everyone looks up to see the waterfall melt.

"Hold onto me!" He cries in response.

Peter sticks his sword in the ice as the waterfall comes crashing down. The wolves get thrown into the river.

While we were floating no one noticed Lucy fall into the river. I jump into the river. The ice cold water come crashing down but I grabbed Lucy by the arms and hauld he on shore. I've been underwater for the second task of the triwizard tournoument in fourth year.

"What have you done?! ... Lucy! Lucy!" Susan cries as we walk towards her un-noticed.

"Has anyone seen my coat?" Lucy asks. Everyone seems relieved to see her.

I break away from the group that was embracing Lucy. Peter sees me break away and walks up to me and says "thank you for everything you've done for my sister. You took care of her better than I ever did"

When I was going to reply I started feeling numb all over. I couldn't keep my eyes open. The last thing I heard was my name being called out as darkness washed over me.

************************************************************************************************************************

What do you think is wrong with Hermione?

Anyways check the video from the side, Superwoman is amazing!!!!!!!

Plz check her videos out ~Addison =D