Father Christmas

*unedited*

Hermione's POV

" Now, Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table, just across the frozen river" Mr.Beaver explains to us.

"River?" I ask because I didn't see one yet.

"Oh, the river's been frozen solid for a hundred years" Mr.Beaver says catching on to why we're so confused.

"It's so far" Peter whines.

"It's the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small?" Mrs.Beaver asked kindly.

"Smaller" I mutter a smart alec answer.

The journey continues.................

"Come on, humans, while we're still young" Mr.Beaver calls out. I'm not even proper human. Does only Susan, Lucy and Mrs.Beaver remember.

" If he tells me to hurry up one more time, I'm going to turn him into a big fluffy hat" Peter mutters to Lucy who's on his back.

"Totally agreed" I reply. He looks at me shocked. Probably because we barely even talk to each other.

"Hurry up!" Mr.Beaver calls out again.

"He is getting bossy" Lucy answers. "and that's mine and Susan's job" I finish off.

Peter smiles at that. Maybe we can get along.

We hear bells ringing in the backround.

"It's the Witch!" Mr.Beaver cries.

"Run!" Peter says once again stating the obvious.

We run and hide in a cave. We hide in silence but see a shadow and someones footsteps, but the only thing that's running threw my head is how I'm going to help Peter turn Mr.Beaver into a fluffy hat. How dare he keep on crying "the witch" when I am one.

"Maybe she's gone" Lucy says breaking the akaward and eerie silence.

"I suppose I'll go and have a look" Peter says. I never knew Peter can be this brave.

"No, you're no good to Narnia dead" Mr.Beaver says cutting of Peter's act of bravery.

"Neither are you, Mr.Beaver" I says trying to make him stay.

"Thanks dear"Mr.Beaver says looking back at me.

He climbs out to investigate but comes backs suddenly making me scream in suprise.

" Come out! I hope you've all been good, because there is someone here to see you!" Mr.Beaver says happily. The way he said that reminded me of a teacher saying that to their students.

We come out and see the one and only..........................Father Christmas!!!!!

"Merry Christmas, Sir!" Lucy cried in joy.

"It certainly is, Lucy...since you have arrived" Father Christmas said. He reminds me of Dumbledore and his unusual way of talking.

"We thought you were the Witch" Peter said stopping Susan from saying something.

"Yes, sorry about that, but, in my defence, I have been driving one of these longer than the Witch"

" I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia" Susan asks in confusion.

"Not for a long time. But the hope you have brought, your Majesties, is finally starting to weaken the Witch's power. Still, I dare say you could do with these! " Wow even Father Christmas says that. MY wonderful life [Note the saracasm}.

"Presents!" Lucy cried once Father Christmas took out a bag.

" The juice of the fire flower. One drop will cure any injury. And though I hope you never have to use it..." Father Christmas says giving Lucy her cordial.

" Thank you, sir. But I think...I could be brave enough" Lucy says after he hands her a small dagger as well.

"I'm sure you could. But battles are ugly affairs" He says.

"Susan, trust in this bow and it will not easily miss" he says turning to Susan and handing her a bow and arrow.

"What happened to, 'battles are ugly affairs?'" Susan asked.

" And, though you don't seem to have trouble making yourself heard..." he said while chuckling but he also gave susan a horn and said ": Blow on this, and wherever you are, help will come"

"Thanks" Susan says shortly.

" And, Peter. The time to use these may be near at hand" he says handing Peter a sword and shield.

"Thank you, sir"

"And for you Miss.Granger" he turned to me with a twinkle in his eyes. "I present you a wand the same as your old but much more powerful"

I gasp as he handed it to me. It was beautiful.

"Thank you so much"

"They are tools...not toys. Bare them well and wisely. Now, I best be off. Winter is almost over and things do pile up when you've been gone a hundred years! ... Long live Aslan! And Merry Christmas!" He says before taking off.

"Bye... merry Christmas!" we all crie as he leaves.

*************************************************************************************************************************

How was it? 2 updates in one day. Plz comment,vote and fan!!!!

~Addison =D