Bonus Chapter 2- (3 years later after meeting)

Francesco was standing next to Emanuelle waiting for the guests to finish chanting "Happy Birthday". As the guests chanted some final cheers, then Francesco and Enanuelle blew the candles and one of the servants came forward to cut the cake. He placed the cake pieces on silver plates to serve to guests.

Francesco and Emanuelle went to open their presents in a far corner as the guests were having cake and tea.

Emanuelle was finding it hard to keep a straight face as they were opening the presents. He laughed loudly making Francesco sigh. Francesco complained " What is it with you now? Can't you keep it quiet and keep the attention away. I am not in the mood for socialising today..... At last we have some peace in this corner while the guests are having cake."

Emanuelle laughed some more as he opened more presents. He then spoke " Well, the cake is from the best baker in New York City that caters for the Oscars parties too so I think the guests would have second helpings and third too. So worry not.... This is hilarious.... How hard is it to make you laugh Francesco. Are you telling me you don't find it funny how crazy this feels? You and I blowing candles and opening presents. We both nearly died by police fire two days ago. Instead of these not so useful presents they should buy us bullet proof vests. That comes handy in our college years."

Francesco asked " So how often do you need to go to Ireland from London once you start college?"

Enanuelle shrugged " Alot... Most likely every two weeks. That's why I need Sancia to help me catch up with college work. She would be based in London all the time so she can attend all lectures..... I will be based in Dublin mostly and then sometimes would cross over to Belfast. My grandfather has assets in both cities."

Francesco sighed " But your grandfathers permanent residence is New York. Why does he keep his Irish assets? Why not transfer it all?"

Emanuelle spoke " I think the value of it would be proven years later. It's good to have contacts in Europe you never know when you need it. I know your father is reluctant to keep his assets in Europe and is selling most of them but he us still keeping hold of some. I know his logic is that what's the point son e he won't gain the power he has over in the US but still having some influence and power is better than none. This is the 50s. We are on the road for going global with everything."

Francesco sighed " My father is against it. He says Rosarios have enough assets in Europe and he tries to sell most of it but my uncle is against it."

Emanuelle nodded in understanding " Of course. Your father doesn't want to be reminded of your mother. I know they spent their honeymoon travelling in Europe.... Your father still loves your mother. Right?"

O'Neil was really pushing it. He was in fact the only one who had nerve mentioning his parents and of course Francesco never reacted. He didn't mind him judging his family. O'Neil knew everything about Francesco and Francesco knew everything about him. They were like brothers. But even this was pushing the boundaries. He warned " Don't go there."

O'Neil sighed " Point taken... I think he does."

Francesco stated " What does it matter? Its my eighteenth. Don't spoil my mood. Just don't bring up my father and his antiques...."

O'Neil spoke "Where is he now anyways? I didn't see him when we were blowing the candles"

Francesco shrugged " He is not exactly the father of the year. Where do you think he is? Probably he is off drinking somewhere in this place or playing cards upstairs. He doesn't like celebrations."

O'Neil spoke "I am sorry. That's his loss though.... But I think the reason he is missing out on your eighteenth is because he doesn't like it that you are now old enough to stand up to him properly. He cant beat the crap out of you anymore now that you are two meters tall and as bulky as the man himself. I cant wait for the day you take over from him....Are you going to kill him?"

Francesco spoke " Why would I let him off easy? ... Death is the easy way out for him."

O'Neil spoke "And what if it is?"

Francesco sighed " His existence does not really matter that much to me. There is no more damage left that he can do to our family. Is there? My mother is in hiding from him so he doesn't kill her. My brother is an emotional wreck who is second best living with my dear uncle and I get to see him here and there. My father has split our family apart. If he breathes, I don't care. If he dies, I don't care. All I want right now is for the day to come for me to go get Adele so I can build a family for myself. My father couldn't even be bothered to keep his family together. Is he worth killing?"

O"Neil spoke " Do you really want him to be around when you get back with Adele?"

Francesco sighed " I wont go to Adele before I have full capability of protecting her. When the time comes and I go get her, I will make sure he is out of my way... If I have to kill him so he is out of the way, then that's what would happen.... But to be honest, it doesn't make much difference right now if he breathes or not. He has done enough damage. What is the worst he can do? I don't think about my father... I think of Adele... She is all that matters to me..."

O'Neil smiled "I know... You just plan what you want to do when you see Adele again... Where are you taking her for honeymoon? Keep away from Europe then since you know, that's where your father went for his honeymoon."

Francesco laughed. O'Neil was good at always changing the subject "You know... I don't think you should drink too much.... Honey moon? How random is this question?..."

O'Neil pushed on "It's a simple question. Where are you going for your honeymoon once you marry Adele."

Francesco stated " Are you real right now? I may not get to see my girl for a very long time. Who knows when I can even pop the question and you ask me when is my honey moon? You live in a different world"

Emanuelle shrugged " Life is too short. Its not like you have anything else to look forward to in this messed up life of yours. I know when I get married, I am taking Sancia to Las Vegas. We will marry right after we graduate. Will you be my best man?"

Francesco rolled his eyes "Why do you ask me now? You will be a junior in college this year. That's years away..."

Emanuelle spoke " Because I know you are a man of your word. If you say yes, then you have to stick to it. If you say no, then I am stuck with Antonio. Sancia doesn't like him very much.."

Francesco spoke jokingly " I wonder why that is."

Emanuelle pointed a finger into the distance " That girl is the reason. Sometimes I want to strangle her. Canavaros are all crazy. Georgina will be related to you one day and I hope you keep her away from Sancia."

Francesco spoke " She is not all bad. I prefer Georgina to the girls Costanzo falls for."

Emanuelle laughed "I swear your brother would start a war between us one day. I don't like how he has eyes for my girl ..."

Francesco spoke defensively " Stop breaking up with Sancia every few weeks only to make up again so Costanzo does not try to make a move. Who's fault is that? Yours.... The way to keep your girl is not to let her get away."

Emanuelle smiled " So will you be my best man?"

Francesco sighed "Sure, I will drop it down in my diary for four years time on top of everything else... You know I will miss your wise jokes when you go to Europe for college..."

Emanuelle smiled "Oh, I will come back here alot and will make sure to come visit you. Which fraternity will you be in? Sancia's brother, Sergio said you are with him. Is this true? You are hanging out with the Giovanni heir now? If he gave you any trouble, give me call. I will set his sister on him. Sancia is good at telling people off. And I can threaten that I will not to bring back any souvenirs for him..."

Francesco shook his head " Don't worry. I am on good terms with him. Sergio is alright."

Emanuelle spoke "Well, he doesn't get along with Costanzo very much... Costanzo keeps looking at Sancia sometimes and Sergio has come close to losing it. So don't take your baby brother to that fraternity house when he visits... I don't think, it would end well for him."

Francesco laughed "Sure."