43.To Revive A Relationship

Costanzo didn't move. Neither did he react as Sancia kissed him but his wet cheeks said it call. He was hurt. He was heart broken. This woman in front of him had caused him nothing but pain by marrying a man he despised and more than anything losing her humanity by choice. But still he loved her as the first day he had seen her.

As Sancia pulled away he looked at Costanzo " I see still you are the conservative, shy type. I wish you were more like your cousin, Antonio and jumped on anything that moved. But we can have some fun in private still can't we?" She then reached her hand to Costanzo's buttons on his shirt but Costanzo stopped her by grabbing one of her wrists with his hand that was not hurt. His other hand was not as badly hurt as expected so they had removed the cast but still it was bandaged and not so useful in defending him.

Sancia sighed " What's the matter? Why did you stop me? Do you have another woman in your life now? Tell me her name, address and occupation. Now Costanzo."

Costanzo shook his head " There was no one else but you ever since I remember realising what loving a woman meant. But of course, I was attracted to Elize after you left me but as you know Francesco threatened to kill her if I didn't break it off with her. She is to be married soon to one of Francesco's clients."

Sancia smirked " Oh. I know. Her soon to be husband is one of the elites of the British isles. He is even related to the royal family. I know all about them. I am glad you know about them too. So this means it's just you and me then." She then pulled her hand away out of Costanzo's grip and spoke " So what are we waiting for? She then grabbed Costanzo's hand and lead him to the bed. He then pushed him to the bed. Costanzo didn't expect to be shoved and as he lost his balance and fell on the bed, he found her on top of him grabbing buttons of his shirt.

Costanzo spoke " Stop. Now." He then managed to slip away from under Sancia and stood up next to the bed."

Sancia gave out a frustrated sigh and got up and faced Costanzo " What? You are wearing too many clothes. Let loose a little bit. It's getting hot. I am just trying to help you not catch a cold."

Costanzo spoke " I am fine. I am not hot and I don't think it's appropriate for us to act this way. Even though I want us to spend time together, we can't rush things. We need to think things through. I need time. So do you. To assess the situation here."

Sancia rolled her eyes " What situation would that be? You are single and I am a widow. We are doing nothing wrong morally."

Costanzo spoke " We both know what situation I am referring to. From the looks of it, we want totally different things. You want to continue your dead husband's business from what I have heard. I don't think you should go through with this. I don't wish for illegal businesses to be managed by you but you want this life of crime. You kill people. I don't. You make people suffer. The thought of hurting others makes me cringe. Lets face it. You have changed so much. What happened to you?"

Sancia shrugged " Of course change happens. We met when we were eighteen. That was six years ago. Now that's your excuse since you are shy. We can fix that." As she stepped closer to Costanzo, he took steps backwards.

Sancia spoke firmly " You are making me lose patience Costanzo. Stop running away from this. You can't avoid it. We want each other. I love you and you love me. Now stop backing away."

Costanzo stopped backing away and Sancia wasted no time and wrapped her arms around his waist. They were almost at eye level. Sancia was as tall as Georgina. They also had the same strong build. They even had the same kick boxing instructors.

Costanzo sighed " Look we need to stop. I need to go back to Francesco's mansion." his eyes then widened as it registered with him what could be happening. He spoke quickly " They must know I am missing. They must be worried actually. Search parties must be all over town. I have to go."