24. Walking About Town

As Adele and Costanzo entered the cabin's bedroom, they were greeted by a terrified looking Angelo who was laying on his bed looking at them with wide eyes swallowing hard. He looked petrified. He slowly sat up and stuttered " Hello there."

Adele walked to him "Angelo. Are you alright? Does your knee hurt? Do you need painkillers?"

Costanzo leaned to the door and spoke " I wish we could meet in better circumstances. I am so sorry my brother hurt you."

Angelo whispered " Is he here? Is Francesco here?" He was looking between Adele and Costanzo with worry.

Adele spoke "No he isn't. He gave me ten minutes to see you and then he will pick me up from here to take me to the city. Don't worry once he gets here, he won't be staying. He needs to take me out on a date."

Angelo sighed in relief and laid back down looking at Adele " I can't believe what has become of him. Your man is a blood thirsty criminal."

Adele spoke " I am so sorry Angelo. I wish I could stop him. I wish he hadn't hurt you."

Angelo laughed bitterly " I am not talking about what he did to me Adele. This is nothing. He went very easy on me as he mentioned. This is what his men don't even call warm up. I am here in one piece at least. When he threw me in that freezer, I saw the most horrific scenes in my life. There was just blood .... everywhere. He tortures people with no remorse. He kills them like its nothing. "

Adele spoke sadly " I know. He is a monster. I hope he leaves you in peace from now on. I am speechless at what has become of Francesco...."

Costanzo spoke " Adele. Do you mind making him a cup of tea while you are here. Or bring him something to eat while I have a quick chat with him. I was told his kitchen has everything he needs. It gives you a chance to check if its true."

Adele spoke "Sure. Angelo. Do you want Milk and sugar with your tea"

Angelo nodded " Yes please."

As Adele walked out, Costanzo walked to Angelo " Please if you know anything about what my brother has done to Michael, keep it from Adele. I don't want her to feel guilty. I know you must have seen him when they threw you in that freezer."

Angelo spoke in a whisper " I saw him. He was on deaths door. He was covered in blood. I don't know exactly what they had done to him but he was in much Worse shape than me. My injuries were nothing compared to what he had been through. He hadn't been just getting a few punches like me. oh no. He was broken up. Don't worry I won't tell Adele. It would be a miracle if he lives. He couldn't open his eyes. But he could move his limbs painfully. I think he had some broken bones for sure. When they took him out of the freezer room, the doctor examined him and said, he would give him a few shots and get him ready for getting tortured again. They are true monsters. I think they have tortured him non stop and from what I worked out from what I heard Francesco's men whispering, Michael won't be even allowed to sleep. They beat him until he can't take it. Then doctor treats him and they beat him some more. This is unbelievable brutality. Please Costanzo, do something about Michael. Do something while Michael still can be treated. What if they cripple him or kill him?"

Costanzo spoke " I will do anything I can to convince Francesco to reduce the length of time he has condemned Michael to those horrific tortures. But please keep your word and don't tell Adele what you know about the tortures Francesco is doing to Michael. Adele would be devastated."

Angelo sighed " Trust me. I don't want my sister to know about the horrors Francesco is capable of either. I don't want her to confront Francesco and then get hurt in the process. That man has no heart. That's all I know. I wish I could protect her from him." His eyes then widened and stared at Costanzo hopefully " Can you perhaps help get her out of here? Can you save my sister from Francesco?"