Chapter 27

Chapter 27

       Another day, another rehearsal. But this time, near the end, we were having my sister's dance class watch us, mainly because a lot of them have been begging if they can watch us dance.

      When they came in, Tulip immediately smiled at me, then Mae. She sat down with everyone in the front.

       "They're all so cute," Isla said. "I love it when they come in here. It reminds me when I started dancing at their age."

       "I can't even pick a favorite," April said. "They're all so cute."

       "I can," Mae said. "The girl in the yellow is the cutest."

       I smiled and nodded approvingly. "Good choice, Mae," I said. After all the girl in the yellow was my little sister and if she was related to me, then she definitely was the cutest.

       "I don't think it's fair to pick a favorite," April said, which made me raise an eyebrow. Ever since the last rehearsal when Mae called me oblivious once again, I started noticing the April seemed to pick on everything Mae said or did. And I was getting really irritated by it. "They're all so cute and it's rude to say one is cuter than the other."

       "No, Mae is right," I said, putting my arm around Mae. April was pissing me and Mae off, so I was going to start pissing her off. "The girl in the yellow is definitely the cutest."

       "She's not that cute," April objected, crossing her arms over her chest.

       She did not just call my sister not cute.

       I ignored April now and looked at Mae. "Want to come over today?" I asked. "We could watch a movie."

       Mae smiled. "Yeah, sure."

       I smiled back and gave her a quick kiss before pulling her closer to me. I didn't even bother looking at April to know she had a scowl on my face. Sucks for her because every time she picked on something May said or did, I was going to show affection to Mae.

       Lilith told us it was time to perform our dance, so we got into our first position. It started with me and all the girls, excluding Mae, offstage with the rest of the guys were on stage. When it came to the first chorus of the song, me and the girls got on stage but stayed in the back. We got to the front at the first instrumental part.

       I wasn't going to lie, my favorite part of the dance was whenever I was dancing with Mae. Everyone else said it was their favorite part. Well, April didn't, but whatever.

       Near the end, I was staring to feel a small pinch in my ankle, so I started marking the dance instead of going full out. I wasn't going to push myself since my doctor already told me to be careful. If I kept pushing myself, I might ruin my dance career permanently.

       When the dance ended, I shook my ankle a bit. "Are you okay?" Mae asked.

       I nodded. "Yeah, there was just a small pinch. That's why I started marking it."

       "At least you didn't keep pushing yourself," Mae said.

       "MAEDER!" Tulip suddenly yelled before running towards me and wrapping her arms around my legs, laughing. "That was so good!"

       April was nearby when that happened. "Um, his name's Ryder, not Maeder."

       "I know," Tulip said. "Maeder is Mae and Ryder. Maeder. They're my OTP! And my dad's OTP. And Grandpa's. And Mom's."