God Sings Along

Acts 16:25-27

25 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everybody's chains came loose.

It is difficult to praise God during hard times. When problems are so real and God seems distant, one can hardly find any reason to exalt the Lord. However, praising God amidst hard challenges is still possible.

Paul and Silas proved that no prison doors can bar them from singing praises to God. Although their physical bodies were in chains, their spirits were loose and free to worship God. Just about the time when they were praying and singing hymns to God, the Bible testifies that a violent earthquake shook the foundations of the prison. God set them free miraculously!

If we were to be poetic about it, the ground throbs and beats with the singing and praising of the missionary-prisoners. It seems that as the duo sing their hearts out to God, God’s nature grooves with their music. Could the earth’s movement be God’s song to Paul and Silas? Could that earthquake be God’s drumbeat that harmonized with the praises of the missionaries in prison? No one can tell. But we know that as they were singing praises in prison, God let them loose.

When in chains of problem, start to sing your song to God. Let this struggle squeeze out the melodies from your heart so that you can offer your praises to God. With or without earthquake, He can open prison doors to anyone who finds Him praiseworthy even in problems. Worship Him. Adore Him. Yes, even in difficult challenges. Sing your praises to Him for, who knows, He might move the earth to sing with you?