Forty seven

SYDNEY's POV

One of the scariest things in life is to taste death. I almost died. There's a huge chance that I must've been dead right now.

"Meg, si Haven?" Bigla kong naalala si Haven. "Meg, she was with me. Did she brought me here?"

Biglang nagbago ang itsura ni Megan. Aliyah and Kiara were at the table, slicing fruits.

"Uhm, Sydney. Hindi ka nya dinala dito." Sagot ni Kiara. "Huwag mo muna siyang isipin."

Napatingin si Megan saknya na may halong curiousity sa kanyang mukha. "Who brought her here then?" Megan asked

Aliyah and Kiara glanced at each other for a moment. "Megan, gusto mo ba ng strawberries? May nutella din dito. Hindi ba ito yung favorite natin noong rookies palang tayo?"

MEGAN's POV

I would be so mad pag may nagkakagusto kay Sydney na iba o pumoporma. Syempre, I want to be the only person to admire. Sometimes, I am proud... sometimes, possessive. Of course, it can be a competition between Haven and I. I know there's a huge chance that Sydney was almost in love or couldve been in love with her in the past.

Haven is attractive. And even if I hate her, I know she has a beautiful heart. I started to feel bad for hating her right now. Partly, I feel thankful that she was looking after Sydney when I was not around. She had the right to flirt at her anyway, iniwan ko si Sydney noon.

Partly, I feel thankful and guilty that it was her who had the critical shot from the gunman. It could've been me if I was there and I am wishing that it should've been me kasi in the first place.. ako ang dahilan ng mga pangyayaring ito.

I sat near Haven's hospital bed. I wasn't looking at her for a few minutes. Napahilamos ako ng mukha sa kaba, guilt at galit.

"Is she okay, Meg?" Haven asked

I feel bad... I feel bad that she can still be nice to me. After all the bullshit I've had.

"She is okay, Haven. How are you?"

"I'm grand." She answered.

Awkward silence.

"Delafuente, I was mad at you for leaving her almost a year ago. But if I were you? I could've done the same thing." She said

"Thank you. Thank you at naiintindihan mo." I nodded

"Come what may, Megan. I know you're dangerous for her but come what may... dont leave her again. I am willing to participate with you. I am willing to get rid of Janine in the picture." She mumbled

"I really appreciate that, Haven. Pero this is more than enough. You saved her. This is too much."

"Come on, Meg. Baka iniisip mo, I am still trying to win her heart. Just so you know, I am dating your dear friend Chloe. Come on, ibaba mo naman pride mo and have me as a friend." She chuckled