Forty six

MEGAN's POV

I have never, in my entire life, took flight like an airplane. I have never, in my entire life, felt this extreme fear and anger. I've been scared these past few months dahil nagkasakit si Australia and I have to take her to the vet at 2am. That's the greatest fear I have a ever experienced so far.

I just... cant... afford... to lose... My Sydney. Fuck, I can't let the happen!

Sydney has been shot in the chest and arm. Nothing major, thank God. It wasn't that serious, says the doctor. Fuck that shit! Sydney has been shot by a gunman and man, that is fucking serious!!

I didn't went in to her room when I have arrived. I just sat outside... with our friends. Aliyah was the last one to arrive and I will highly appreciate how she appeared in front of us because she was wearing silliest pajamas.

"Haven was with her." Yuri told me

Mas lalo akong nakaramdam ng matinding confusion.

What? What the heck was she doing there with her?!

The moment I have finally had the guts to enter the room, Sydney is already asleep. Hindi ko alam ang mararamdaman ko dahil sakin umiikot ang dahilan ng gulo na ito. Sydney doesnt deserve this! Fuck, she is now being killed by a psycholatv who is selfish and obsessed. God, akala ko ligtas na si Sydney sa kamay ng threats ni Janine!

I was inside the room, holding her hand the entire 5hours. Sydney woke up at halatang, she is still in the state of being shocked.

"Hi." I tried to sound as calm as I could. "Are you hungry?" I asked before kissing the back of her hand.

She just stared at me and shook her head. The doctor advised me not to speak about that as possible as I could. He advised me to keep her calm until she's back to her normal self.

Hindi ko iniwan si Sydney hanggang sa pang apat na araw nya sa hospital. Maraming scan ang ginawa sakniya to make sure hndi naapektuhan ang lungs nya.

The fifth day, naabutan kong andoon din ang kanyang mommy. We were sitting near her bed for more than 2hours already.

"Are you going to get rid of me?" I asked in the midst of our silence

It took her 5minutes to respond. "Megan, why would I get rid of you? If I can get rid of her?" She mumbled after flipping a page.

*******

"Be careful, love. You don't want to hit the wound, do you?" I am helping Sydney move right now. Nakakangawit mag hawak ng dextrose. Nagiging magulo nanaman sya habang sinusubuan ng saging.

"Megan, tapos ko na basahin tong book one. Yung book two. Please, Meg. I need the book two." Pangungulit nya

"Sydney, believe me. Nilibot ko na lahat ng bookstores. Wala eh."

Bigla syang tumingin sakin at bago pa sya umiyak. "Sydney, I will make a way. RIGHT. NOW. I am going to find that book! Right away!"

Mapapasubo yata ako nito ah. Pagkalabas ko ng ward ni Sydney ay agad akong tumakbo sa kotse ko para hanapin ang laptop ko. Nag log in ako sa facebook.

"You guys wanna hang out with me? Can you provide me the second book of the Mortal Instruments and I will be your date for a day."

I posted another one. "Looking for the second book of the Mortal Instruments. Leave a message, pls."

Within a day, I have found the book. Lakas din pala ng charisma ko. "San mo nakuha to! Bakit amoy aso?! May i love u Megan pa na nakalagay dito?!" Sydney almost threw the book on my face. Oh my goodness!

After ten minutes, parang shocked nanaman siya. "Sydney, are you okay?" I asked

"Meg..." She mumbled. "Meg, dont you ever... ever... dare try to leave me again. I will shoot myself for Janine if you will. Oh yes, I will. Megan, believe me." She started to cry. She was begging.

"Meg, don't leave me. Protect me instead." She added

I have never seen her cry like this. I have never heard her beg for something like this. I touched her hair and kissed the top of her forehead.

"I will never leave you again, don't worry. I will find a way to stop her." I mumbled.