-f o u r t e e n-

۩۞۩

A chill ran swiftly up my back, causing the nape of my neck to tingle

A chill ran swiftly up my back, causing the nape of my neck to tingle. I was done with my last song for the day. The crowd let out a stupendous cheer as the music faded down and I bowed before them. My hair was tingling with excitement, today was going to be a very big day for me.

"Thank you all so much for coming! You all had a fun time at the concert am I right!" I spoke on the mic. The audience let another approving cheer. "I'd love to stick around this festival and hang out with you all, I mean all you people of Magnolia are amazing, you've given me so much love. Unfortunately I've a flight to Hargeon and I've to leave in a couple of minutes. I look forward to performing in Magnolia again. Thank you all so much!" I conclude my little lie as I smile towards them.

Don't get me wrong, everything other than the part about my flight is true. I love my fans, I love performing for them and I wouldn't wanna lie to them or anyone but I have to, just this once. I walk backstage, gosh I'm so sweaty. Before anything else, I post pictures of the concert and yours truly on social media, just celebrity things. I take a shower in the my tour bus and start get ready for my little escapade.

I zip up a black hoodie on top of my white t-shirt and wear black jeans. Tying down the laces of my shoes I get myself groomed. Ain't Jellal Fernandez gonna look like a hobo on the day he tries to win back his girl. 

I walk out and just as I'm about to call Lucy, Meredy stomps over. "Oh hi Meredy." I greet her as my eyes are glued to the phone.

"What's the meaning of this whole little act that you put up out there?" She demands as she lightly punches my arm.

"What do you mean?" I ask her. I know exactly what she means.

"Don't you go giving me the whole clueless act, you can't fool me." She grumbles. "Just leave your phone for a bloody second and look at me!".

"I just have to go to Hargeon all right?" I sigh as I meet her eyes.

"No you don't. We don't leave in another three days. The crew is exhausted, we need a break." She hisses.

"The crew doesn't have to leave. I'm just leaving." I tell her as I run a hand through my hair.

"There will be so much to do in order for that, cancel your hotel room and cancel important dinners and all that." She tries to reason with me.

"Tsk. Look Meredy, firstly you don't need to cancel my room because I own a house in Magnolia and I humbly live there. Secondly, I had no important dinners or lunches. You were the one who told me that after the Magnolia Food Festival we'd have a free schedule." I remind her.

"B-but something important came up out of the blue, you'd have to stay." She fake smiles as she pushes a strand of cotton-candy hair back.

"I'm not attending it. I signed up for a free schedule, tell the people that they'll just have to come to us another time." I shrug.

"You didn't tell me about your flight, I'm the one who manages those type of things for you." She looks down at her feet, embarrassed.

"It just sorta came up." I lie as I place my hands on her shoulders. There's a brief moment of silence before Meredy's sudden outburst.

"You're lying!" She yells at my face. Well that escalated quickly.

"What makes you say that?".

"You announced where you were going to thousands of people, you'd never do that in your right mind. It's just weird to tell people where you're going out of the blue. It could only mean one thing. Either you want someone in Magnolia to know that you're leaving, or someone in Hargeon to know you're coming." She clenched her fists.

"Why are you so pissed about it?" I ask. Enough beating around the bush.

"I'm not!" She screams.

"I know you better than that." I tilt my head back.

"You promised me you'd take me out. You'd show me around Magnolia. You promised me and now you're jerking away!" She punched my arm, not hard enough to make me whine but hard enough to leave an impact. I'm hurting her feelings. She probably knows that I know about her feelings for me.

"I- Look Meredy. In this world mostly filled with cheaters and back stabbers I found you as a friend. I'm so lucky to have you there for me. I trust you so much, hence I think it'll be okay if I lend you on in a secret." I smile at her.

"What is it?" She sniffs.

"There's this girl." I start, the look on her face changes to a more broken one. "She means the world to me. I've been in love with her since high school, shit happened and I lost her. Today I just might win her back, Meredy." I add.

Silence dwells upon us.

"I guess after hearing that I should lend you in a secret of my own." She gulps.

"Jellal Fernandez I've had a crush on you since I saw you and- and that fondness grew into infatuation. As it looks like it, you've found someone who you think is worth it all and I'm happy for you. I really am. I just wanted to come out clean, though I suppose you knew it all along." She slowly exhales.

She has the courage to tell me all of that, and the fact it self is remarkable. I ruffle her hairs and lock her in a friendly embrace. "Thank you for understanding." Is all I can say as I kiss her forehead.

I start to run towards the festival and quickly dial Lucy's number.

"Jellal!" Meredy yells. I look back at her.

"Go get her." She smiles as a tear rolls down her rosy cheek.

۩۞۩

Today's such a happy day!
I hope it is for you guys as well!

Now that we're getting to
the good part
and we've only two chapters
before this ends,

please please spare me time
so that I can work on the final chapters and
make them good enough.

I'll update after like,
4 days max.

In case nobody noticed
today marks one whole month
of Crimson and we're so close to 1k.

oml I can't believe it.

Have a happy day too!