-s e v e n-

۩۞۩

"Good morning birthday boy!" Erza yelled in my ear and I jolted up on the bed.

"Is that really how you wake someone up?" I exclaimed. She laughed in response. Erza moved towards me and slung her arms on my shoulders, planting a kiss on my lips. I smiled and looked at her beautiful face. "Thank you love.".

"I've so much planned for us today- you did clear your work schedule am I right?" Erza asked me. Her head lay on my shoulder and her arm were on top of my torso.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Yeah well about that..." I trailed off, scratching the back of my head.

"Jellal!" She groaned, moving away from me.

"It'll be quick, I promise." I held her hands in mine and tried to reason with her. "I'll try to tell Meredy to kick some stuff out.".

"Oh my lord. Why is Meredy always something that's coming in between our relationship?!" Erza roared. Bad move Jellal.

"There's nothing like that, no ones coming in between anyone." I replied to her in a calm tone as I traced the back of her hands with my fingers.

"I had plans! For you, for us. I was so excited. You should've at least told me that you had other stuff coming up. I wouldn't have pulled up all that effort." Erza whined, yanking her hands away from my grip.

She was sad and hurt, it was all my fault.

"Look I'm sorry, I really am. It just came up all of a sudden and it's kinda important." I stated getting up from bed and hugging her from the behind, lightly kissing the nape of her neck.

"Sometimes I wish you were just a regular guy." Erza whispered as she toyed with the ring in her hand. I heard what she said, but I pretended not to.

I remember that day clearly, as if it was just yesterday. No matter how much I drink, how much I party, how much I do anything to forget about it, I can't.

It was my twenty-third birthday and Erza was almost done with college. It had been two years since me and Erza went to Ichiya's dumb party. I had special interviews on my birthday, public appearances and a small party that I had to attend. After that it would just be me and her.

It was seven-thirty pm and all that was left of on my schedule was a small party, well it was a very big event,  it was just that a very limited amount of people that were invited. I planned on getting out before eight. Little did I know that was my worst speculation ever.

۩۞۩

Hi ya'll.
It was the sheer will
of updating that pushed
me to write this.

Chapter seven was supposed
to tell what happened
but I didn't have the feeling
to write it in this chapter.

What happened was supposed
to be the highlight chapter in this book
but unfortunately I need
some feel~ to write that.

Ramadan is here and
I'm fasting hence slow updates.

See you when I
get a feel~
I'm so awk ik.

Oh and
start somewhere.