FIVE: New gear

☀︎︎Kimmy's P.O.V☀︎︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

"Kimmy! Honey, wake up! Breakfast is ready!" I heard my mom holler from downstairs as my eyelids fluttered open, I let out a groan and stretched out my limbs, noticing a weight laying on my legs and looked down to see my cat curled in a ball, sleeping peacefully. I giggled, stretching lightly behind his ear as he stretched.

"Good morning, Tango," I beamed, my cat let out a soft yawn, staying put on my legs. I picked up the fur ball and placed him onto my pillow, watching him fall right back to sleep.

I sighed while leaving the comfort of my bed and going over to my closet, rummaging around to pick out what outfit I wanted to wear today. Once I finished getting dressed, I headed to the bathroom to do my hair and put on some deodorant, as well as brush my teeth before I made my way downstairs and into the dining room.

Mom and Connie were already sitting in their chairs, putting food onto their plates as I entered the dining room.

"There you are, sleepyhead," Mom greeted, a big smile on her face as I sat down in my chair. Mom got up from her seat and kissed me on my forehead, I smiled brightly at her while she tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, "Alright, let's eat!" She moves back to her chair and continued putting food onto her plate.

I glanced at Connie, seeing her eyes stuck on the pages of a book in her hands, "Good morning, Connie," I greeted, grabbing my plate from the middle of the table.

"Mornin'," My sister muttered, her attention still glued to the book.

"Watcha readin'?" I asked.

Connie slightly eyed me before turning back to her book, "A book for school."

I was going to ask another question but our mom spoke first, "Connie, can you put the book down? We are having breakfast," Mom scolded.

"Sorry, mom," Connie frowned, placing the bookmark into her book before closing and sliding it away from her.

"Thank you," Mom smiled before digging into her food, Connie and I following after her.

"Coach is getting us all new gear today, he said he'll pick us up at 10:30," Connie informed me, I nodded while taking a bite out of my pancake.

"Well, that's really nice of him to do that for you guys. Do you like him being your new coach so far?" Mom asked, chewing on a bite of scrambled eggs from her plate.

Connie and I shared a knowing look before she spoke, "He's alright. Better than our last coach."

Mom tensed at the mention of our old coach. She never liked the man one bit when I told her about how he practically overworked me and kept his demands for me high, she was not at all happy about hearing that. My mom and dad had endless amounts of phone calls and face to face conversations with the old man about the way he was treating me, but he would just wave them off. I didn't want to quit hockey and my stubbornness wasn't going to let him overpower me, so I stayed despite his harsh words and put all of my energy out into the hockey games.