Mornings With The Koganes

Author's Note: ⬆️ Sophie Kogane and her favorite song. Thank-you to YouTube's kelso895 for making the video above that showed me this song.

I didn't want to get up.

It had been a late night last night so Keith and I had stayed in bed all morning and skipped both breakfast and lunch.

I sighed softly as I rolled on to my side to see if he was awake.

He rolled to face me and poked me in the nose.

I scrunched up my face by laughed anyway as I poked him a few times in the stomach.

"Hey! Sophie!" He exclaimed as he held his stomach.

I stuck my tongue out at him as I pushed my dark hair out of my face.

"Oh you asked for it!" He grinned before he began to tickle me.

I screamed before falling into a fit of laughter and trying to roll away from him.

"S-stop it K-Keith! I- can't b-breathe!" I managed between laughter and gasps for air.

"Are you gonna poke me again?" He asked.

"You started it!" I shrieked.

"And now I'm simply finishing it my dear sister." He replied as he finally stopped his assault.

"Sure thing brother dear." I mocked as rolled back over to face him again.

"You get enough sleep?" He asked, all silliness now aside.

"As much as my body will allow me to. You?"

"I'll live." He shrugged.

"Then you should get some more sleep and I'll watch for the arrival." I told him.

"No. This is too important. We stick to the plan."

"Fine." I sighed.

I got out of the bed, as the house was too small for more than one bed and we both occasionally had nightmares, and changed out of my pajamas.

I scarfed down a granola bar before I headed outside with my tool belt in hand.

I strapped it around my waist as I walked over to the bikes I had built from scratch for me and Keith before I reached into the tool belt. I pulled out an MP3 player I had found and fixed and put in headphones before pressing play and placing it into my pocket.

My favorite song, Handclap by Fitz and the Tantrums, greeted me as I grabbed my wrench and started on the last minute fixes the bikes needed.

As the hours went by so did the songs and the work soon finished.

"They ready?" Keith asked as he came out of the house already ready for what we were about to do.

I stood and removed my headphones as I nodded.

"Alright. Meet me at the bottom of the cliff." He told me as he walked up to me.

"Be careful, I still need you." I whispered as I hugged him.

"I will. You too, I still need you too Soph." He replied as he held me closer.

We parted and he climbed on to his bike and was off.

I watched until I couldn't see him anymore before heading inside and changing into clean clothes.

I pulled out the blaster my best friend had made me awhile back and stared at it for a minute.

"Man I miss you Jean. If only Keith hadn't been expelled, then I could still sneak in and visit you guys." I said to the blaster before I sighed and tucked it into the back of my jeans.

I locked the house on my way out before I slowly mounted my bike and headed off towards the cliff I was suppose to meet Keith by later.

It was going to be a long night and it suddenly made me wish I had stayed in bed longer.