I pouted and kissed him quickly “awe, you poor baby.”

“Anyway,” Chase smiled before frowning in confusion “Why is Dewey the Dingo standing in the hallway?”

“Uh, I don’t know,” Adam said “But I think it means we get six more weeks of winter.”

Suddenly the lights dimmed and a spotlight was moving across the room. Principal Perry’s voice boomed over the intercom “Ladies and gentlemen,” I hovered closer to Chase. I was afraid Principal Perry would pop out of nowhere and scare me half to death…she does that on occasion and I had to restart my heart a couple of times “introducing your principal, a four eleven spitfire from Portland, Maine…Terry Perry!”

Principal Perry came out of her office and high fived a couple of students. I took a couple of steps back in order avoid touching her. We all gave her confused looks before she explained.

“Just thought I’d spice up the morning announcements, takes me back to the days when I use to play pro ball in Romania,” she said stretching out her short legs. “Here you go kid,” she said taking off her sweat bands and handing it to a random kid next to her “a souvenir.” Principal Perry then walked over to our mascot “I’m sure you’re all wondering why Dewey the Dingo is here. Every year before the big homecoming game against the Deerfield High Leaping Llamas, some punk manages to steal Dewey. No matter where I put it, they always find a way to get it.”

“Maybe you should to try wearing it,” Chase joked “maybe that will keep people away.”

“Do you really want to go there Susie skinny jeans?” Perry mocked back at Chase “Any who to make certain they don’t take him this year,” A kid I recognized from homeroom handed Principal Perry a clipboard “I’m assigning round the clock shifts,” Perry shoved the clipboard against Chase chest “Alright! I’m going to hit the hot tub. Heard a couple things pop when I ran out here.”

“We have a hot tub?” I mumbled to myself as I watched her go back into her office.

“Two man shifts and she paired me with you,” Chase complained.

“Great,” Adam mused “So we got one man, who’s the other one?”

Chase looked over to me “Why couldn’t she have paired me with you? It’s so much better when you don’t want to throttle your partner.”

I patted Chase’s cheek before kissing his jaw “You’ll live.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bree dragged me towards the gym against my will after leaving Chase to deal with Adam’s constant chatter by himself. I tried getting away but she’s stronger than she looks!

We stopped by the entrance to the gym and noticed people setting up in there. We were curious so we looked inside “What’s going on in here? Domino Domination?” Bree asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders “I don’t know. This is all new to me.”

“I don’t know anything about dominos but if gym class is cancelled then I’m all for it.” Leo replied.

I almost groaned when Katelyn walked past us but stopped when I noticed she was part of the ‘Domination’ too.

“Hey Katelyn are you doing the Domino Domination?”

“Doing? No,” she said “Annihilating every competitor that comes my way? Yes. You may not know this but I come from four generations of domino droppers.”

“And that’s something you’re proud of?”

Katelyn pulled out a silver domino award from under hear jacket “I got stuck with second place last year. If it happens again, I’ll have to shave my head and move to the desert and hope the coyotes will accept me as one of them.”