Chapter 44 : Wedding Day

Jenna's Pov
Today, was the most nerve-wrecking day for me. Looking at my own reflection in the mirror, reflected at how nervous I am. I could see my face looked a little pale and my palms were starting to sweat.

"Nervous?" I looked at my hairstylist, Areum, who was currently busy doing my hair into a bridal style bun.
"Kind of." I replied.
"Try not to think too much about it. Everything will turn out great." She said in a most positive way.

I flashed her a polite smile but as soon as I remember about Jiyong and TOP, my smile disappeared in a tick. I started becoming gloomy and felt that I am not ready for this important day of my life.

Most brides would be full of happiness and they would busy themselves by sharing their love stories with other people. They would also busied themselves asking tons of questions about their looks as they wanted to make sure that they look super stunning in front of the guests and also their friends and families.

Unlike me.

I am sitting in this vanity chair looking all miserable and sorrowful. Not a single of feeling joy or a bright smile shown. The hairstylist must be feeling quite worried and curious about me as my behaviour does not display the same as other brides do.

Somehow, deep down bottom in my heart, I felt that I am being forced to marry someone that I dislike than being married to someone that I love.

I let out a sigh, feeling frustrated and stress.

"Are you okay? You seemed disturb." I took a glance at Areum who looked worried about me.
"Don't worry about me. I'm fine." I said assuringly.
"Okay then. If you want to share anything, feel free to do so." She turned her attention to my hair and continued her work.

After some time, Areum had finish styling up my hair and decided to go downstairs to fetch herself a glass of water. I looked at myself in the mirror and started admiring the hairstyle.

"I hope I'm not distracting you." I looked at the background behind me through the mirror and saw the man that I missed.

I spun around and got up from the chair carefully as I did not want to trip over my wedding gown. He spread his arms out for me to give him a hug. I approached to him and gave him a tight hug. Both of us pulled away and hrld each other's hand.

"Where were you in the last two days ago? I tried calling you but you won't answer it." I asked worriedly.
"And why aren't you in your wedding suit?" I questioned him again.
"That's why I'm here to explain everything." He said.

I gave him a confused, questioning look as I have no idea what he was up to.

"Remember that time when I told you that I'll resend the invitation cards because of the dates?" I nodded my head in response.
"Well, I changed the groom's name too. That's why I'm not in the wedding suit." He explained calmly. "Then...Who am I marrying to?!" I asked, feeling alarmed.
"You'll find out later."

Hearing that last sentence makes me more panic. I felt that I have to evacuate myself from this place and escape this wedding event at any cost.

I am not going to marry someone who I do not know of completely and being matched up with somone who people sometimes say that they were meant to be together in life.

"Are you crazy?! I don't want to marry the person who I don't know of." I said panickingly.
"Chill. Relax. Jenna. You won't regret marrying this person." He said, displaying his calm smile.
"Just tell me his name. Please." I begged, feeling desperate to know who he was.
"No, I can't. It's a surprise." He said excitedly like a kid.
"Surprise my foot. I'm going to cancel the wedding." I said.