These people are fucked up

"Go get food, toys and such for him Padfoot!" Remus yelled as he was a few shelves away. With a sigh Sirius, stepped out of the store.

    "Come back here Harry," Remus quietly told him, not wanting to scare the boy. Harry was backed against a wall, terrified of the tall man coming after him. "I want to read you a book."

    "Book? Like book." Harry said, "Read book." Remus turned around and pulled a book of the shelves, The Hobbit.

    "I like this book, do you think you will like this book? You are barely two, but I like this book." Remus said.

    "Like book. Read book." Harry sat down on the floor. "Sit"

    "Sit." Moony said, "In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty dirty wet hole filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry bare sandy hole with nothing to sit down on to or eat. It was a hobbit hole and that means comfort." Harry leaned back against the shelves Remus a meter away. As much as Remus would have liked to move closer, any time he moved towards the boy Harry would screech and back up.

Two hours later Sirius came back to the shop, his arms full of bags filled with various things for Harry. "Moony? I got the stuff."

    Sirius heard Remus's voice waft from shelves away, "Then suddenly goblins came running up yelling. They thought a battle with the woodmen was going on; but they soon learned what had really happened. Some of them actually sat down and laughed. Others waved their spears and clashed the shafts against their shields. Goblins are not afraid of fire, and they soon had a plan which seemed to them most amusing."

    Sirius dropped the bags and walked over to them to see Harry tucked against Remus, squealing "Fire Goblins, Fire Goblins!"

    "Hello," Sirius said. Remus and Harry turned around.

"Who you? Mooy, who he?" Harry questioned.

    "That is Padfoot," Moony said.

"Pafoo, you read?" Harry asked, standing up.

    "No, you need to get dressed Harry," Remus said, pointing at his tattered clothes.

"No, I read," Harry sat down again.

    "No, you will go get dressed and eat." Remus said.

"Eat? I like eat." Harry stood up again and wandered deeper in to the shop.

    "Not that way Harry." Sirius said taking his hand. Sirius carried Harry up the stairs, Remus holding the bags and the book right behind him. When they got to the apartment above the shop, Remus magicked everything on the table, and the high chair next to it. Sirius placed Harry in the chair.

    "Food food." Harry giggled, "Like eat." Padfoot put some dry cereal in a bowl and placed it on the chair. "Juice." Harry said, and Moony handed him some in a glass.
Moony and Padfoot watched Harry intently. "He does not look much like James does he."

"No," Moony replied, "But he his mothers eyes."

After fifteen minutes, Harry had gotten most of the cereal in his mouth and had only spilled the juice once.

    " I am sure we have some parenting books down stairs," Remus said and went down to get some.

    "Book book?" Harry asked.

"No, we can color now though," Sirius said.

    "Book book!" Harry screeched, "I want book book!"

    "Yes, yes, book book," Padfoot did not want to deal with a crying toddler so he pulled out the book. "Some got all the wolves together in a pack. Some stacked fern and brushwood round the tree-trunks. Others rushed round and stamped and beat, and beat and stamped, until nearly all the flames were put out-but they did not put out the fire nearest to the trees where the dwarves were. That fire they fed with leaves and dead branches and bracken. Soon they had a ring of smoke and flame all round the dwarves, a ring which they kept from spreading outwards; but it closed slowly in, till the running fire was licking the fuel piled under the trees. Smoke was in Bilbo's eyes, he could feel the heat of the flames; and through the reek he could see the goblins dancing round and round in a circle like people round a midsummer bonfire. Outside the ring of dancing warriors with spears and axes stood the wolves at a respectful distance, watching and waiting."

    "Mooy read better," Harry told him, "Mooy read."

"No, Padfoot is reading right now." Sirius told him.

    "Mooy!" Harry yelled, "Mooy!" Remus ran up the stairs, his hands full of books.

"Padfoot, what did you do?" Remus said, grabbing Harry from the chair.

    "He says you read better," Sirius grumbled.

    "Well it says in this book children start sleeping in the bed at age two, and that regular glasses are not used until age three. And I should not have read to him The Hobbit." Moony told him.

    "I do have some picture books on the table." Sirius grabbed some from the pile of stuff on the table. They walked in to one of the three bed rooms, the spare one.

    "One day there were three little pigs," Moony started, laying next to Harry. Sirius was walking around the room, putting all Harry's things away.

    "Bilbo." Harry scowled, "Bilbo Gandalf. Bilbo Gandalf Thorin."
"So he does like The Hobbit." Sirius said, handing Moony the book.

    Harry smiled and said."Bilbo Gandalf." Remus read the book for hours until "You are a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I am very fond of you; but you are only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all!" "Thank goodness!" said Bilbo laughing, and handed him the tobacco-jar.