But she is better than all the others, my subconcious reminded me. I pushed it away and reminded myself who I was, what I was known for.

Playing girls, not dating them.

-

Arissa's POV

My heart swelled when Tyler told me that he wouldn't do that for another girl. Maybe he really was changing? I shouldn't have been so harsh on him, he stood up for me and I ended up afraid of him instead of thanking him.

When we kissed I forgot everything he ever did to me.

It was the perfect moment, his lips against mine, the beautiful snow, our heavy breathing. I knew he wanted more than just my virginity, I saw it in his eyes and his words proved it to me. He wasn't as bad as he wanted everyone to think, he had emotions and he might even be capable of a real relationship.

"What the hell happened here?" someone said from beside me. Tyler and I turned around to face a girl who looked like she was a similar age to us. She had brown hair which was longer than mine and warm brown eyes. She had paired dark blue jeans with a black crop top, displaying her flat stomach. Apparently I wasn't the only one inappropriately dressed for this weather. I looked at Tyler who had his eyes narrowed at her.

She ran up to the guy on the floor and shook him, trying to get him up.

"He's unconcious," Tyler huffed.

"Well I can see that!" she rudely remarked. "Who the hell did this?" Tyler looked at me and gave me a small smile. He almost seemed sad. He focused his attention back on the pretty girl and smirked.

"It was me," he said. I expected her to flip at him but she didn't.

"Oh, why?"

"He pissed me off," Tyler said and the girl laughed.

"You really should get out of here before Mum comes out. She owns this inn and doesn't like any trouble, she'll ring the police straight away."

So she was Marianne's daughter.

"Why are you trying to help?" he asked her. I stayed silent the whole time.

"Because you're hot," she winked before grinning at him and he returned the look.

I knew he wouldn't flirt back, not after our intimate moment today, but there was still slight worry at the back of my mind.

And that worry was justified.

He walked straight up to her and gripped her waist, making her gasp in surprise.

No, please no.

He brushed his nose against her cheek and traced his fingers along her arm. She wrapped her arms around him and he gently pressed his lips onto hers then pulled away instantly, not giving her a chance to respond. What the hell was wrong with the two of them? They only met, what, five seconds ago!

My eyes were already welling up. He made me look like a fool all the time. I thought that kiss meant as much to him as it did to me but I was so wrong. I wiped my cheeks.

He wasn't worth my tears.

"I'm going to go but I'll be back," he promised her. Obviously he wouldn't leave her until he had slept with her, and she'd say yes instantly by the looks of it.

"You better."

-

Tyler's POV

We were only an hour away from where Heidi was supposedly staying. Arissa hadn't said a word to me so my plan had obviously worked. I flirted with that girl and I knew it would hurt her so she would be cold towards me, making it easier for me to stop thinking about her.

I didn't want to be a jerk, it was hard for me but I had no other option. I knew I had to bring our kiss up— I would mention it, she would tell me how she felt and then I would humiliate her again. Check and mate. "We need to talk about that kiss," I said.

"The one with me or that random girl?" she snapped, clearly jealous and angry.

"You, of course," I answered. She was trying to be strong but I knew she would break.

"It was a mistake," she said coldly, not even making eye contact.

Huh? I must have heard wrong.

"What?"

"You heard me Tyler, it was a mistake. One which I'm ashamed of and which will never occur again."

"Ashamed?" I questioned, upset by her word choice. This wasn't the way my plan mapped out in my head.

"Yes, ashamed! I thought you were actually changing but that's just impossible. I know that now. I believed that you might actually have feelings for me but I was completely wrong... or maybe I was right and you're too afraid to admit it?"

Was she right? Did I have feelings for her that I was unable to accept? Did I like this girl?

"You confuse me too much and I'm done with it, I'm not going any further than that kiss because I'll fall too hard for you and it won't be possible to get back up," she continued.

With every word she spoke, I felt worse and worse.

"I don't know how you can make me feel like this after such little time together but you just do. I can't change that but I can fight it, and I will fight it. You wanted to hurt me right? Well congratulations because you've succeeded."

She made direct eye contact with me and her words pained me. It wasn't fair for her to be able to affect me so deeply.

"Do you want to say anything else to hurt me? Please just say it now and get it over with," she hissed but wasn't able to hide the hint of sadness in her voice.

"Actually yes, I do."

I saw her gulp when I said this, meaning she wasn't actually prepared for more hurtful words. "I listened to you pour your heart out to me and now you're going to listen quietly," I ordered, knowing she wouldn't object. She twiddled her thumbs nervously and focused on a snowflake on the windscreen, avoiding my gaze. "I know I'm a complete jerk to you and I'm confusing as fuck. Sometimes I seem into you and then I flirt with other girls, just like I did today. That's just how I am, I don't know how to treat anyone properly but that isn't an excuse," I confessed.

Less than an hour ago I had made a plan to distract myself with other women, but here I was, apologising to Arissa and pouring out my heart to her. The way those words left her lips just triggered something inside of me. I couldn't keep quiet and pretend that I was interested in other girls when she was right there. The girl who outshone the rest.

"I keep saying sorry but I really do mean it this time. I don't like hurting you but all I've known is to push people away which is why I do it to you. You're constantly on my mind and that's never happened with another girl so I knew I had some sort of feelings for you," I sucked in a breath.

"Ty-" she began.

"I'm not finished," I interrupted. "I'm sorry for making you cry when I beat that guy up, but the way he looked at you was too much. I was jealous and pissed off. You're the most beautiful girl I've seen so I'm not surprised that he did that but all he wanted was to have sex with you," I said. She frowned a little at the last part.

"I know that's what I wanted before but it's different now, I like you Arissa and I'm not afraid to admit it. But I don't deserve you and I never will. I don't know what girls like, I don't know what kind of dates they expect and I sure as hell don't know how to be a good boyfriend. I wish I was good enough for you, I'd make you my girlfriend in a heartbeat."

I had barely said the last word when Arissa latched her lips onto mine.

What did you think of Tyler's confession? :O Love him or hate him? And do you think Arissa should have kissed him or is she being stupid again?

Vote and comment!

Love you <3