Chapter Twenty-Five

~Chapter Twenty-Five~

After that I hopped out of the pool to wrap myself around in my towel. I laid down on the bench of the picnic table and just watched everyone else goof around. Leiws asked me if I was alright and I had to remind myself to keep a fake smile plastered on my face so that no one else would get suspicious.

I watched Hannah fawn over Artie for most of the time we were in the pool room. She was literally hanging onto his arm everytime he would stay in one spot for more than ten seconds. The more Hannah hovered around Artie, never straying more than a couple of feet, the more the frown on his face seemed to deepen.

The real smile easily broke through the fake one when I saw irritation flash across Artie's face when Hannah let out a high-pitched laugh right next to his ear. Chase started to laugh but it was the exact opposite of Hannah's.

I laughed at them both and suddenly Artie's eyes were on my face. His frown eased away into a serene expression and he gently pried Hannah's hand off of his forearm. Artie swam quickly to the edge of the pool and hauled himself up over the side.

I watched as he padded his way over to the table where I was lying and wrapped himself in his towel. I sat up and made room for Artie to sit on the bench next to me.

I sat there silently, fiddeling with my hands in my lap. I wasn't sure what to say. Hannah shot me a truly evil look and I felt absolutely horrible.

Keeping my eyes on my hands I spoke up, "I think Hannah wants to swim with you." Artie let out a frustrated sigh.

"Yeah, well I don't want to swim with her." Artie mumbeled. I don't think I was supposed to hear it but I couldn't really un-hear it.

"I'll race you to the other side of the pool..." I suggested after we'd sat in silence for a few seconds.

"What do I get if I win?"

*Artie*

"What do you want?" Lee asked. She arched her eyebrow and rested the tip of her tounge on her upper lip.

'Her!' My wolf yelled. I mentally face palmed after he more or less growled that.

"Hmm... A kiss. On the cheek." I added at her starled look.

Please don't be freaked out by my forwardness, I silently urged her. The last thing in the world that I wanted was for her to be upset with me.

"Okay and if I win. Hmm what do I want?" She stroked an imaginary goatee, looking absolutely adorable I might add. "If I win I want you to take me to go and watch a movie. I love movies." She said the last sentance with a wistful look in her eyes.

"Deal." I said with no hesitation. She basically just asked to go on a date with me. We shook hands and set our towels down, moving to stand at the edge of the pool. As we stood on the edge of the pool I thought of something... Do I let her win and take her out on a date or do I win and get my kiss?

"Lewis!" Lee called, snapping me out of my musings. "Come judge my race with Artie."

"What's the magic word?" Lewis taunted.

"Abra kadabra! Now go over to the otherside of the pool and tell us when to go and who wins. Pleeeeasssseee?" she asked, drawing out the please.

"Going!" Lewis swam over to the otherside of the pool and I was still debating on whether or not I was going to let Lee win.

"GO! Lewis yelled suddenly. My head snapped up and I dived in the water right after Lee. She took off like crazy and I followed after her. I was still undecided so I settled for tieing her.