Chapter Seventeen

~Chapter Seventeen~

{Lee}

My final class of the day let out early so I could get to my locker before everyone else on the one day it didn't matter! Oh well. I threw my books in and put my homework in my bag. The last bell was about to ring when the intercom system crackled to life.

"Detention will be held in room 203 with Mr.Evans. That is all." I dropped my head and sighed. Great. Mr.Evans the one teacher that seems to have a personal vendetta against me for absolutely no apparent reason. Lovely.

The final bell rang and kids swarmed from the classrooms and I couldn't see anything. I backed up against my locker and waited for the main wave of them to dissipate. When enough of them cleared I made my way slowly to Artie's locker.

"Hey, Lee." Artie said when he saw me. "Do you know where Mr.Evans' room is I don't have it on my schedule at all..."

"Follow me, Newbie. He's the seventh grade science teacher. Oh and don't knock him out for what he might say..." I warned him. That would be bad. For the both of us.

*Artie*

"Oh and don't knock him out for what he might say..." Lee said, giving me a knowing look. What might he say that would warrant me knocking the man out?

Unless... If he started saying things about my angel I'm not sure if I'd be able to restrain myself... I'd try though. For her. I'd make no promises though. Sometimes our wolves got a little impulsive and it's not always possible to regain control over them...

I just nodded my head and followed her into the classroom. The room was deserted save for an old bald man at the front of the room behind a large desk. He had a bit of a goatee that was going gray and big, thick rimmed glasses that made his head look tiny while it magnified his eyes.

He watched us enter with a smirk on his face. Lee sat in the back of the room, pulling me down in the seat next to her at the desks that fit two people. "Natalee Jones. Why am I not surprised to find you in detention?" His voice was kind of quiet and accented. He sounded like he was from up north farther, possibly Canada.

"Don't call me Natalee." Lee said in that offhand way of hers as though she really wasn't interested in what you were talking about.

"What'd you drag this poor boy into? Getting him in trouble on his first day here and a detention on the second? What kind of a friend are you?" He was sneering at Lee and there was a malicious look in his eyes.

"Oh, we punched Kevin Neimond in the face." Lee told him with a bright smile and gave him a double thumbs-up. "He deserved it though. Ask Kevin when he gets here."

Speak of the devil.

Kevin walked through the door and glared at Lee and I. I gave him a withering look and then turned my attention away from him. I casually slung my arm around the back of Lee's chair and smirked when I felt Kevin's eyes on me. I ignored him and looked back at Mr.Evans.

"What did you do to get sent here, Kevin?" When Mr.Evans looked to Kevin and his two black eyes he looked at him with pity. If I didn't know Kevin I probably would too. He still had a dusting of bruises on his face and arms from his run-in with Daniel and I couldn't be happier.

"Nothing," Kevin mumbled.

"Obviously you did something." Mr.Evans prodded gently.

"Yeah, Kevin. Tell the nice man what you did." Lee said, her eyes wide and looking at Kevin as if she were hanging on his every word.

"Piss off, Lee." Kevin retorted. I growled lowly at him and Mr.Evans looked sternly at him.

"No cursing. That's your warning."