Chapter Fifteen

~Chapter Fifteen~

{Lee}

Artie and I made some real progress in shop class today! We're finished with our sketch now and we just have to build it! That shouldn't be too hard.

Second period passed slowly. I was outside in one of my two ag classes, two of the three classes I had without Artie. This one was wildlife and fisheries and it held absolutely no intrest to me. I was the only girl but I got along with all the boys.

My friend Jessica was supposed to take this class with me, we both signed up last year, but when she failed the tenth grade she wasn't allowed to take it. That left me with a room full of boys, all of whom I think of as brothers. They were great to joke around with and when I was sad they could always make me feel better.

"Pssst. Lee." Hunter said, poking my arm a few times. "Can I borrow a pen?"

I looked sharply to my left. "No." I told him instantly.

"A pencil?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No, Hunter." I told him firmly. I let him borrow seven pens. Seven! Some he would give away and then he'd ask me for a new one a few periods later. Others he broke. Then there was one he through out the window because he thought the squirrel was "within range".

"But I need one."

"FINE!" I handed him a wooden pencil. "I want this back at the end of the period. No if's and's or but's about it."

We took some notes then and I talked with Devin, the senior next to me. He was one of Danny's friends and this was my second year next to him in ag. He was a polite boy that loved to tease me. Out of all the guys he was most like my brother because he was just so... Devin.

"I see you let Hunter have a pencil." Devin remarked quietly, nudging me with his elbow.

"Yeah," I sighed. "I'm getting it back at the end of the period though. Seriously, why doesn't that boy bum pencils off of other people?" I asked to no one in particular.

Robert decided to answer. "Because no one else is nice enough to keep giving them to him. You're too nice for your own good, Lee."

"I am not!" I yelled. Our class never paid attention because our teacher was so chill with us. She didn't care what we did so long as we passed.

"Yeah you are." Everyone chorused. Even Mrs.Meyer.

"I am not," I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yes you are," Devin cooed. "But that's why we all love you." He pinched my cheeks and I couldn'y help but smile.

"You all suck," I said, trying so hard to fight back my smile but failing miserably. "I'll be back. I'm going to go get a drink." There was a water fountain and a bathroom in the same area as Mrs.Meyer's office. I went to the water fountain and got a quick drink.

Not long after I straightened myself up did I hear a bunch of "ooooh's". I furrowed my brows but went back into the classroom to see everyone gathered around Hunter. A little path cleared so I could see what the commotion was about.

"Seriously, Hunter?!" There was my standard wooden pencil in six pieces on the desk.

*Artie*

Art class sucks. At my old school we had free pick of whatever we wanted to do in Art. You could paint whatever you wanted too! It didn't matter! Grades were hardly an issue as long as you put effort into your work and you enjoyed it.

Now everyone did the same project. We all had to draw the exact same thing! Art was supposed to be free and untamed not dull and lifeless.

Everyone was to draw the fish tank in the back of the room. Sure we could all draw the fish at different times while they were swimming. That'd be fine and dandy. If there were any fish!

Dumbest class ever.

I couldn't wait for gym next period.

/Lewis\

Hannah, Decker, Chase, and I were all lounging around in Spanish class but my mind was elsewhere. Lee would be going to gym next period with Decker, Hannah, and Artie. I had gym yesterday with Chase.

I would have to make sure that Artie didn't start moving in on Lee. I knew he was interested in her from the way he looked at her but he couldn't have her! He wouldn't be good for her. There was something about him that was different and I didn't like it. It seemed dangerous. I'd get to the bottom of it. For Lee.

~~

So thoughts? I'm SUPER excited! I got new comments and votes and a FAN! I'm so happy! I know Lewis may sound kind of crazy but he's not actually insane or anything! This chapter was kind of a filler so that I can have gym class and detention in the next chapter! I'm so excited!

I've never actually had a detention or anything so if my description is off I'm basing it off of what I've seen when I'm after school and I see kids in detention and my own imagination! It's my book and I'll write it how I want to!

Remember I'm working my way through my notifications by oldest to newst so this chapter goes out to ally1127 for voting for chapter thirteen!

Random thought: I start my mazes at the finsish and work through them backwards...

<3