Chapter Twelve

~Chapter Twelve~

{Lee}

The rest of the day seemed to go by pretty fast. Decker thought it was sweet that Artie punched Kevin for me. He was such a girl sometimes! He kept going on about how manly Kevin was. Then when he started talking about Chase I walked away.

Lewis was more than pissed about the detention thing. He thought it was outrageous that I got a detention for 'sticking up for myself' but I told him not to worry about it. When I told him that Artie had detention with me and why he just glowered at the floor.

When the ending bell rang I basically sprinted out of my ag class and into the main building. I pushed kids out of my way to reach my locker and when I made it there I frowned. It was stuck.

I hit my stuborn locker a few times and then started kicking it. I jiggeled the handle and nothing happened. "Locker, I hate you!" I yelled.

"Having difficulties?" Chase asked from behind me. I looked up at him and nodded.

"It's stuck." I told him in a little girl voice.

"Move out of the way, pipsqueak. I'll open your locker." He pushed me aside and I crossed my arm.

"I'm not a pipsqueak! I'll have you know that I'm five foot six inches! That is like two inches taller than average!" I told him with a huff. I prided myself on those two inches. They made me feel tall.

"Yeah and I'm six foot five. That's like a foot taller than you, pippy." He said with a smile. "Hmm, Pippy... I like it." He smirked at me while I glared at him.

"Are you going to open my locker or not?" I asked, not even trying to argue with him. He seemed adament about his decision.

"Watch and learn, Pippy." He fiddeled with the key lock on my locker for a few seconds before pulling up on the handle. It swung wide open. "Someone locked your locker."

"How? I don't have a key to it..." I asked, completely mystified.

"You may not, but someone does," he said, tapping my nose.

"Thank you, Chase." I said then, moving to get my back pack and hoodie. "I'd stay and chat but Danny's probably waiting for me."

"Okay," he waved me off and I shut my locker. I was trying to put on my hoodie while awkwardly holding my backpack at the same time. Emphasis on the 'trying'.

Suddenly my backpack was taken out of my hands and my hoodie was held out for me to easily slip my arms in. I looked up at Artie and he was holding my backpack out to me.

"You seemed to be having some difficulty," he said simply.

"Thanks, Artie." I said, taking my backpack and nudging him with my shoulder.

"Anytime. What are newbies for after all?" He had a kind smile on his face and I couldn't help but smile back.

We were outside the school now and turned to Artie. "I'll see you tomorrow. Text me if you or Chase need any help on homework. If it's algebra though you're on your own." I said with a smile. Algebra held no logical purpose to me.

"Okay, see you tomorrow, Lee." He waved as I walked off to Danny's car. I opened my door and got in.

"What took you so long?" Danny asked when I got in.

"My locker was jammed so Chase had to open it for me." I told him. His eyebrows rose considerably.

"Chase? Was that who that was?" He nodded his head in Artie's direction.

"No, that's Artie. Chase is his big brother." I told him. He seemed to think this over before nodding to himself. Silently he pulled out of the parking lot and started the fifteen minute drive home. "I've got something to tell you." I told him excitedly.

"Does it have anything to do with what happened at lunch?" I nodded eagerly. "What is it?" he asked with a sigh.

"I can't tell you yet. I'll tell you when I tell Mum and Dad." I told him, forming a game plan in my mind.

"What about Grandma?" Danny asked, trying to be a smart arse. "Aren't you going to tell her?"

"I already did. I texted her when I was in Algebra class." I told him with a smug smile.

He shook his head but remained silent. What? Couldn't I text my own grandmother?

I turned the radio on and Uprising by Muse was playing. I started swaying to the music and I had to roll my window down to stick my hand out.

When we arrived home I was all excited. I basically ran in the house and kicked off my boots by the door. I more or less through my hoodie and backpack at the peg on the wall and walked proudly into the livingroom. I had my detention slip in my hand.

Mum, Dad, and Grandma were already in the room watching Judge Judy but I flicked the TV off. When Danny came into the house he came into the living room.

"Everyone, I have an announcement to make." I looked out at my family and Grandma gave me a thumbs-up. "Today at lunch I got in a fight! I was called down to the office then during algebra class and I got a detention!" I smiled grandly at my family. Grandma was clapping while everyone else looked at me with stunned faces.

*Artie*

"So, how was your first day?" Mom asked when Chase and I walked in through the door.

Chase frowned. "We're newbies. My master is a gay guy who likes to touch my leg. Artie got a girl! And not just any girl." He wagged his eyebrows suggestively.

I pushed him. "I found my mate today." I said proudly. Mom dropped the bowl she was holding and Dad, who had just walked in the room, spit out the water he was drinking.

"What?!" Mom yelled. "I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" She ran over to me and enveloped me in a huge hug.

"I see you figured it out then." Dad said with a proud look on his face.

"Yeah! Thanks for the help." I said rolling my eyes. They knew the entire time just like my wolf did and they didn't tell me!

"We couldn't tell you, it's against the laws." Dad said, shrugging his shoulders as if to say 'what-can-you-do?'.

"So, did anything else exciting happen then?" Mom asked, still beaming at me.

"Yup. We have detention together for two weeks." I said with a huge smile at the thought of spending time with my angel.

"You got a what?" Mom asked, her smile slipping to her face.

~~

Teeheehee. It's been like forty minutes. It's seriously 12:23 right now. THOUGHTS?! I like comments and when I see them, no matter how small, they make me feel giddy.

I just noticed that on my news page it says like "5 like this". I clicked it and it dropped down a whole bunch of little things like who commented and where or if they voted. It seriously almost made me cry. I FREAKING LOVE YOU GUYS! Thank you so so much. And BTW this is number 760 on the What's Hot list apparently. Holy cheese wiz!

This one goes out to BooshaBaby cause I just got a notification saying she added my story to her library!

Random thought: My gram gave me an ice cream sandwich today. I nommed it and it was yummy!