Chapter Nine

~Chapter Nine~

{Lee}

I was kind of surprised to have shop class with Artie. It's not like he seems like one not to take shop but this will be the third time I've seen him today. It just strikes me as a little weird is all.

I looked to the clock and there was about another minute until the bell was going to ring so I stacked my books up nice and got ready.

Suddenly I started giggling as Lewis tickeled me.

"O-o-h m-my g-goodness! Lewis s-s-stop!" I said my laughter making my words sound funny. He didn't let up though and I just kept laughing. Artie and Chase were the only ones to pay much attention though because this was pretty common between Lewis and I.

The bell rang and I sighed in relief when Lewis stopped. My sides hurt from laughing so hard. "Come on newbie! Time to go build a chair." I said with false enthusiasm.

Artie stood and so did Chase. "Newbie number two, are you building a chair as well?" I asked making my eyes really wide.

"Nope. I'm following this one to computer class." Chase smirked, jerking his thumb at Lewis who grimaced.

"Have fun. Decker is in that class too!" I squealed. Now it was Chase's turn to grimace. I'm not as shy once I'm fully awake and I don't feel as though people are complete strangers. Besides Artie and Chase seemed pretty cool.

"Shop class awaits, m'lady!" Artie announced loudly, clasping my hand in his.

"Eww cooties!" I said wrenching my hand from his grip. I tried to ignore the tingles that I dubbed as cooties and started walking out of the room. "Follow me, Newbie!"

I thought I heard him say something that sounded suspiciously like "Gladly" but I brushed it off. Weird newbies. I trekked down the hall in my usual manner which meant I smiled and talked to everyone.

When we arrived in the shop building outside the door was locked and I was kind of angry. Normally when it's raining like it is right now I don't mind being outside but when there's a newbie behind you and you can tell he's checking you out since your shirt is now soaked and hugging your body it's kind of weird... I beat on the door screaming, "Mr.Roooosh!" It's not really his name but his name is weird and hard to pronounce so I made my own way.

"What do you want, Lee?" he asked through the open window.

"For you to get yourself over here and unlock this door before I break your window and climb int through that." I said determindly.

"Coming!" Was all I heard before the door opened to reveal Mr.Roooosh. "Who's that?" He pointed to Artie as I walked into the freezing cold shop. We really needed heaters out here!

"Artie, he's my newbie. He has first period with me so that means he's my newbie."

"Why do you keep saying 'newbie' so much? It makes no sense. And why would you want your own newbie?" Artie asked.

Mr.Roooosh just shook his head and smiled. "Poor boy doesn't even know what he's gotten himself into by following you to class does he? Such a shame."

Artie looked between us with his eyebrows furrowed and I could tell he was confused. "A newbie is like your personal slave until they get rid of their newbie status." I smiled knowingly. It was kind of a tradition around here. Strange but fun.

"How do I lose my newbie status?" Artie asked unknowingly.

I smirked at him. "I, as your keeper, allow you passage into the normal world." I said as though it were completely obvious and I didn't have evil purposes for claiming him as my own personal newbie.