"Hunter, we are here!" I heard Shelby's voice say as she woke me up. I rubbed my eyes and then hopped out of her car. "Where are we?" I asked.

-Shelby's POV-

I smiled to myself. "We are at Atlantic Records." I told him. His mouth dropped. (I know Hunter did not live near Atlantic, but let's pretend.) "What are we doing here?" He asked me. "What do you think?" I asked as I grabbed his arm and started pulling him to the big building infront of us. We walked up to the front door and I reached for the handle. "You ready?" I asked. "I dont know." He said. I laughed as I opened the door and pulled him inside.

We walked up to the receptionist. "Hunter Hayes." I said. She checked her book. "Yes, Dan, the owner of the label, will be right with you. You can take a seat right over there." She said pointing to a white room with chairs up against the walls. "Thank you." Hunter said as we started walking towards the room.

"Are you ready for this?" I asked Hunter. "I'm excited and also worried that they wont like me." He said. "Hunter, they'll love you! If they dont, then they are stupid!" "Who's stupid?" Some guy asked as he walked into the room. "Oh, uh, nobody." I said worriedly. "Ok, well name is Dan, the head of this record label." "Hi, I'm Hunter Hayes." Hunter said as he stood up to shake his hand. "It's very nice to meet you. I have heard great things." He said as he began to walk off with Hunter trailing behind. "Oh you can come too." Dan said. I nodded and stood up, following them out of the room.

We all walked into a recording booth. "So, Hunter, this is what is going to happen. You will song a few songs, covers or ones you have written, i wil invite some people in here to see how they like you, if they like you and I like you we will sign you, sound like a deal?" Dan asked Hunter. Hunter nodded his head. I could see that he was worried even though he tried not to show it.

Dan showed Hunter into the recording booth and then walked out of the room to go get some of his assistance. A few minutes later, Dan, a young girl with a name tag that says Molly, and a young man with a name tag that says Thomas.

Molly was really pretty. She had long blonde hair that fell right past her rib cage. She was tall and skinny. Molly was wearing a skirt that went down to her knees and a shirt that was tucked in.

Thomas was very attractive. He was tall and had dark brown hair that was styled to flip upwards in the front. He was wearing a suite and tie.

As they walked in, I could see Molly smirk. Great! She is going to like him.

"Ok Hunter, you can go ahead and sing your first song." Dan said. He started off with some Rascal Flatts, which I think he sounds exactly like...

"I set outing a narrow way, many years ago.

Hoping I would find true love along the broken road

But I got lost a time or two

Wiped my brow and kept pushing through

I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you.

Every long lost dream

Led me to where you are

Others who broke my heart

They were like northern stars

Pointing me on my way into your loving arms

This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you."

The whole time Hunter sang this, he was looking me dead in the eye, which caused me to smile. Around me, I could hear clapping, and saw Molly practically drooling over him.