seven

four weeks later

~

Mitch and Scott never thought they would make such good roommates.

"Scott, I got your order." Mitch set the coffee down on the coffee table.

"Thanks, Melissa." Scott said, nudging Mitch the second he sat down next to him. He took a sip of what was thankfully still hot, and sighed. "That's good shit."

"You say that every morning." Mitch laughed.

"It is!" Scott laughed too.

That's how most of their conversations went.

Except there were times when Scott's eyes would hit the right light, and Mitch couldn't stop staring.

Like the time Scott found Mitch laying on the grass outside, looking at the stars.

"Mitch, what are you doing out here?" Scott laid down beside him.

"Thinking about how the hell I'm going to get out of here." Mitch said.

"Get out of here? What do you mean?"

"I'm not supposed to be here. This is a book, remember?"

Scott had honestly brushed the idea that he was a book character away from him.

"Right."

"I don't even remember how I got here in the first place. It just kind of happened."

Scott rolled over onto his side, and so did Mitch, so they were looking into each other's eyes.

"You'll get out of here. I promise." Scott said.

And the way the moon reflected off of Scott's eyes, Mitch loved.

Scott's eyes were like oceans. They were incredible. They turned different shades of blue with his mood, and now, they were bright.

Lust.

Before Mitch could say anything, Scott was leaning in to kiss him.

But Mitch didn't pull away in time.

His lips met Scott's, and everything changed.

Everything.