Speed Dating!

"Still sure you want to do it?" Jon asked as we pulled up to the school for the speed dating event and my confidence was waning by the second.

"No but I'm going in there no matter what." I hopped out of the car and made my way inside the gym which was heaving with students. How could this stupid event be this popular?

"And how do you expect to get a date in that outfit?" Someone sneered from behind me and I knew it was Liv before even turning around.

When I want a date I'll dress up but I just came here to tick you off." I snapped back and she took a step closer to me, her anger radiating around her.

"Listen you poor nobody, this is my function and you will not ruin it for me do you understand?" She turned around to walk away before adding something over her shoulder, "and stay away from Simon tonight. You aren't good enough for him and never will be so the sooner you get that through your pathetic little brain the better." She flipped her hair over her shoulder, huffed and walked off, as classy as ever. Not.

"Can the ladies take their seats at the designated tables, the function is about to begin." Someone announced and girls began to bustle about trying to find their name cards on the tables to see which one was theirs. Mine was easy enough to spot just four tables down from Liv, far enough away to have private conversations with people but close enough for her to glare at me all night: she was very mature.

I slumped into my seat non too gracefully and started playing with my name card which was an a4 sheet of paper folded in half with my name written on the front of it because obviously no expense had been spared at this function. The chair in front of me scraped against the wooden flooring and I cringed a bit at the sound but continued to fold my name card into a paper aeroplane. "Reminds me of the good old times eh Cassie?" My head shot up and my eyes narrowed at Andy sat across from me.

"I can tell you now how this date will end." I leaned in a bit closer as if whispering a very important secret, but not close enough that I could feel his perverted breath on my neck. "It's a no." I whispered and sat up straight, going back to my paper aeroplane until it was snatched out of my hands and crumpled into a ball in Andy's fist.

"Let's talk shall we?" It sounded more like an order rather than a request and that had my hackles rising.

"Let's." I hissed and he smirked looking like his old charming self-assured self but this time I could see something else behind that relaxed smile and it made me uncomfortable.

"You remember all the fun we had when we were together Cass? The parties and all the laughs we had at them or the late night strolls after the movies that didn't end up as innocent as when we set off?" I blushed at the memories of those heated interludes, I never went all the way but that didn't mean they hadn't got- heated. "So you do remember them." Knowing that he knew I remembered them only made me blush more and suddenly I couldn't see what had possibly possessed me to come through tonight and sit through this, sit through a stroll down memory lane with the ex that broke my heart into several pieces and led to me moving.

"How's your girlfriend?" My voice sounded more choked up then I would have liked but at least the mention of his girlfriend kept me rooted in the present with the sleaze-ball across from me rather than on one of many strolls together hand in hand and in love with the school charmer who was all mine- or not as the case turned out to be.

"I broke up with her Cassie because there was always something missing when I was with her and it took me a while to figure it out but I did: it was that she wasn't you and I didn't love her. I was foolish and naive thinking that some part of me needed to be with her when the whole time my heart was pining for you and only you."