Chapter VI

Two weeks later I'm still waiting for him to call, text or even send a personalised please call me (please call I'm sorry), but nothing.
Let me give him one more week maybe he sent me a letter, a post takes about three weeks to arrive doesn't it.

On the other hand, things have progressed from just talking to flirting between Ben (Mr Bus) and I.

The day he called me Thoko that's when I realised we still haven't exchanged names. I was amazed at how that was possible. The first thing people share is names but no not us.

"Who's Thoko?" I asked.
"Aren't you?" This guy never asks me anything straight up but he always gets me to tell everything.
"Nope I'm not."
"Nolwazi?"
"Nope keep guessing"

We turned it into a little game of 'guess my name'. He kept guessing until I gave up my name. Then it was my turn. He gave me a name and I'd tell him why it couldn't be his name. And I ended up guessing his name.
"Benjamin" I said laughing. I always thought that was such a lame name.
"Yep that's my name"

Really? You just too hot to be a Benjamin

He had to pull out his drivers license before I believed Benjamin is his real name.

"But call me Ben"
"Nah Benjamin is fine" I laughed, his full name was really tickling me, which is why I'd rather call him Ben.

Ben was a handsome distraction but not distracting enough to make me forget my Dan.
I still checked my phone for any messages from him or missed calls, still tried to call him every night and morning and any chance I got during the day.
I couldn't deny that although I love Dan very much, I liked Ben more right now.

Ben is funny, smart and beyond handsome. He's got time for me and gives me all his attention. Even if it's
just for an hour, in the bus.
I found myself thinking more about Ben than anyone else.

I don't want to cheat. Technically I haven't broken up with that ass I call my boyfriend. But if I had to be honest,I was already cheating emotionally.
But then again I don't know where I stand with Dan. He might be with someone else for all I know. So why worry about someone who can go two weeks without talking to me?Clearly I don't mean that much to him.
The realisation hurt but it freed me somehow. It removed whatever guilt I felt for being attracted to another guy.

"Are you ready?" Ben asked when my seatbelt was buckled.
"I don't know? How does one get ready to spin in a car?"
I was so terrified but I couldn't back out now and give him the satisfaction. Never have I thought in my wildest dreams I'd be at Spin city, let alone be in one of the participating cars.

I found out that Ben doesn't only work with cars but he's into racing, spinning and any crazy car sport you can think of.

"I would invite you to spin city this Saturday but that's no place for snobs"
"I'm not a snob!!" I answered defensively
"Okay then prove it and come with me"
"I don't have to prove shit to you!" I was getting annoyed and his smile was getting wider.
"Whoo watch your language miss" he laughed and I pushed at him with my shoulder.
"I don't want you sitting next to me anymore" I jokingly told him.
"That can be arranged only if you agree to come to spin city with me tomorrow"
I was quiet for a moment. Is he asking me out? But what sort of guy takes you to a place full of drunk people and smoky cars for a first date? Just a hangout then? I was over thinking again.
"Unless you want me by your side forever" he said so dramatically I had to laugh.
"No ofcourse not"
"Then I dare you to come with me"
"As I said I don't have to prove myself but since it's a dare. .You on bitch"
He laughed and said "Language"

And that stupid conservation is how I ended here in a BMW 325, with a spinner.
He raved it and the crowd went wild, screaming and whistling.
"Here we go"
And with that the car starts to move. I close my eyes. I don't want to see when we crash.
I've seen movies where there were spinners and I've seen how some of them crash and burn.
I expected to get dizzy because we were moving in circles at a very high speed. But I didn't get dizzy in fact I enjoyed it. As the car screeched and spinned, it felt like I was on those Gold Reef City rides, a little scary but a lot of fun.
I opened my eyes and found him laughing and he winked at me before pulling one last stunt.